Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

D Day

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by His Dudeness 2, Jul 23, 2012

1. Jun 13, 2012
    If you all know the map awp_submarine in minigames i have a great idea for a map but i dont map so this thred is for the mappers. Its a map that the bases are like awp_submarine but instead of awps heavy machine guns and instead of a sub a ship where boats come with ts or cts. It could be called d day. Or you could just ignore this idea
  2. May 14, 2011
    /me needs better explanation.
  3. Jun 13, 2012
    its just an idea and im not a mapper so i dont know how to explain it very well
  4. Jul 28, 2011
    While the idea itself sounds ok, I've seen a lot of maps for both 1.6 and Source that tried to recreate d-day and totally failed. It's hard to balance something like that, but I'd applaud anyone up to the task (as long as they take the time to both detail it and balance it) :smile:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jul 16, 2012
      Throwing out my idea for a D-Day map, stealin yo thread dudeness! <3

Basically two bunkers roughly two football field lengths apart with objects in between to provide cover, at the bunkers there are two stories, one with a mounted machine gun (10-20HP hit), and the other serves as the spawn area.

Weapons :
      Pistol : USP or Compact for balance
      Rifles : Both sides can choose from - AK47, M4A1, Scout, Aug, and Krieg(T's version of Aug)
      Equipment : Players spawn with 100 armor, 1 he grenade and a smoke grenade. With a HE Grenade crate on the 2nd floor of each bunker.
      And of course, m249s!

Game play : *possible addition : Each player has 3 lives, after they have died three times they no longer respawn.*
      5 second freeze time at start so players can look around & get a feel for the starting area.
      3-5 minute rounds, at 5 minutes a hidden atomic bomb detonates (Underneath middle of the map) + 30 minute map timer
      There are two jeeps in the map around 1/4 of the way to the middle for each team. The Jeeps come with 5 seats (of course you're able to stack with no block, so whatever)
      Around the map are random ammo cargo drops, where players can refill there ammo & continue to fight.
      There are doors on both sides of the bunkers to allow ease of access for both teams. At 4 minutes into the round the doors seal and players can no longer enter or leave. (They can still shoot in and out though).

• May 14, 2011
      Would require a pluggin so is a no go. :smile:
    • Jul 14, 2010
    • Jul 16, 2012
      Well alrighty then!

I've tired that map before Penguin, it's just unbalanced as hell sometimes, depending on the players.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Oh the horrors of optimizing such a map.
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Fixed. :razzdrunk:
      • Like Like x 1