Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

D3, would you recommend it?

Discussion in Gaming started by Steve Ewing, Jun 12, 2012

1. Oct 20, 2011
    Ok so d3 has been out for a bit now and i know a lot of you play it. My question is would any of you, that have gotten to experience it, still recommend it?
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    Well I've had it for 2 or 3 weeks - when it first came out I swore I would not get it as it's not the type of game I usually play. However I saw everyone else having fun with it so I eventually caved, and I certainly don't regret it. The game has been super fun all the way through, even though it slows down at the last difficulty when you have to farm for gold and gear. If you don't like doing that and don't care about inferno difficulty, you can always play through the game again with the other classes.

All in all I highly recommend it and think just about anyone would find it enjoyable. It's a ton of fun!
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • May 27, 2008
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Mar 16, 2008
        Great when it first came out besides constant downtime. It's become more stable now and classes are more balanced but it's pretty boring at 60 if you ask me. Momo has like every class leveled but it doesn't change the facts.
        Leveling from 1-60, you complete the storyline 4 times. Each storyline has 4 acts. That means you're doing the same thing 4 times in a row. The layout of the maps slightly changes each time but it's still the same thing.
        Population of the game has died down a lot. There were thousands of people doing each mission and it's down to a few hundred now. At 60, you'll be lucky to find 40~ per mission.
        When you hit 60, You get the option to pretty much farm gear. There is no real advantage of getting that gear other than doing the harder acts and replacing all your gear each act as you can.
        It's very fun but better with friends. At 60, I don't care to play unless I'm with others on mumble because it is like playing the Nintendo Wii by yourself. You just get bored by yourself.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • May 28, 2012
          I would >.>..... JOSH. You got it all wrong. Once you get 60 you play on inferno. Each time you play through it gets harder and harder. It brings the excitement. If you would like a trial key which gets you through the first boss, let me know. I have 2 left
        • Aug 1, 2011
          @Synopsis I wouldn't mind getting a trial key to test it out :grin:
        • Mar 16, 2008
          each act gets harder, doesn't mean it gets more fun. I have fun doing them with our community but doing the end of act I over and over and over just to get garbage drops every time gets quite annoying.
        • May 28, 2012
        • Apr 9, 2007
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 12, 2008

that sig is making my eyes bleed.

I like D3, it's hella more stable than it used to be. I like it because i followed the lore from Diablo 1 through 2, and now the third installment is like the cherry on the fucking top. Also im a huge lorefag, but don't take my word for it. If you can obtain a guest pass, try it out for yourself.

Also the real money auction house is up, allegedly. I doubt i'll see any of that action til later when i can find better gear. You can use real money to buy gear with, and you can cash out on that as well, but at a severely reduced amount. Blizz keeps a hefty portion of it.
          • May 28, 2012
            Originally my sig was better, then the gs had to be taken out, I just need to update my avatar and new sig
          • Mar 16, 2008
            [IMG]
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Jan 27, 2011
              Damnit! I thought u were talking about d3 the mighty ducks. Gordon bombay rocks!
            • Jul 1, 2010
              I fail to see how this is a huge surprise seeing as how Diablo I, II and everything in between expansion wise was :razz:
            • Nov 11, 2011
              I was going to repost this from reddit but you shall receive my upvote good sirs!
            • Nov 16, 2011
            • Feb 9, 2012
              annnnd in case u didn't know what that picture meant...they mean that the diablo series mainly revolves around item finding, stacking magic find % items and such, and just farming for unique items/runes (if they still have them).

Also pk/dueling was fun as well, just to see who had better gear xD
              • Informative Informative x 1
                911Trigger, Jun 18, 2012 Last edited by 911Trigger, Jun 18, 2012
              • Jul 13, 2011
                This game is worth getting. I've spent countless hours staying up late with a mountain dew in my hand playing it.
              • Feb 14, 2012
                It's worth a play through or two after that it just becomes rather boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              • Aug 18, 2006