Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Daemon vs Others

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by iProbie, Aug 13, 2013

1. Apr 1, 2012
    After trying out ImgBurn which is recommended by @Tech Support Staff 1 and @Tech Support Staff 2, I got this Duplex STPD warning message on imgburn.

following some research, people said that it's part of Daemon Tools Lite which I have and probably made the burning process slower than normal (which I'm experiencing right now, writing speed is varying a lot below 1.0 x speed according to imgburn). Alcohol 120 apparently has it too.

so, any suggestions for things other than Daemon/Alcohol which does not have this Duplex STPD stuff?
    mainly for mounting disc image files purposes.
    from more reading, some people suggested Virtual Clone Drive but I want to know if there are better programs, so here I am asking you IT guys for your insights.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    I started using virtual clone drive when windows 7 came out since daemon tools wouldn't work for me anymore and have used it ever since.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I honestly have never had any problems with Daemon Tools Lite, but I really only use it for mounting iso.'s and images and whatnot. What exactly is this Duplex STPD problem?
    • Apr 1, 2012
      some people said that Duplex STPD driver have performance issues in burning images to discs, while others said that the newest STPD drivers no longer have the issue.
      the world can never agree to anything.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Oh you're actually burning CD's? I didn't know those still existed O.o
    • Apr 1, 2012
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I use PowerISO... It can burn images, mount images, anything you want... Compatible with most image file types as well... It's a little confusing to work at first, but once you get the hang of it, it works really well... Haven't really needed to use it except to burn the odd disc here and there, since Windows 8 has a built in Virtual Drive function, which is totally awesome.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I've used Daemon for many years since mid XP lifespan. STPD is related to Daemon virtual drive but it should only bother you if you burning something and you specify the Virtual Drive as the drive instead of the physical one.

PowerISO is probably most other favorites beside Daemon Lite