Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Damage Display

Discussion in Server Updates started by Kyle, Feb 22, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2007
    So apparently the lack of Damage Display has been eating away at a few of you for quite a while now. This is no longer the case.

Go in game and type !ddisplay (or sm_ddisplay in your console) and play with the Menu options.

If you have any feature requests (ie units added to the outputs), just post them.

Huge thanks to Brian for making the menu more friendly, and for beta testing. I'm pretty sure if it stayed the way I had it, everyone would slowly go insane. Like Announcer, you have to configure it per server. Which can either be a yay or a nay thanks to the horrifically unstable ClientPrefs extension.

Any who, Have fun.

2012-02-22_00005 2012-02-22_00006 2012-02-22_00007
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Oh man, this is super sweet. Thanks a ton Kyle and Brian for another useful plugin that makes our servers that much more AWESOME than everyone else!
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 9, 2012
        any way we can get to see hp of bosses (mako,predator,paper escaper, other maps)
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Potentially, that's for another plugin though.
      • Feb 9, 2012
        Let us know when u do. that plugin will indeed be very useful and plays can be more strategic.
      • Nov 16, 2011
        Yeah I would like to report that the display has to be activated after every map change fixable? And yes a boss hp thing would be very VERY VERYYYY useful
      • Apr 9, 2007
        With the menu'd version I forgot to increase the size of a string buffer. This should be resolved now (Well, 20m ago, just took a map change).
      • Nov 16, 2011
        I dont code so i only understood half that post. anyway thanks it seems to be workin now
      • Mar 12, 2008
      • Nov 2, 2011
        This is great. I am waiting for something like this for a while. Thanks.
      • Feb 9, 2012
        actually could u also include this in the !zmenu command?, i think it's a lot simpler since not everyone will find out that u need to do !ddisplay . i did not even know of this till someone informed me.

Most people will tend to have use !Zmenu at some point in their time. i figure it's more appropriate to include it in there also
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Unfortunately not, I'd have to implement this in ZR.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Wow, such a small plugin makes the game that much more fun. Also,thanks for the fix on where it reset on the map change, was just about to question that. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Next objective: HP display for bosses!
      • Mar 26, 2011
      • Feb 18, 2011
        Thanks Kyle, can't wait to try this when I get home.
      • Jul 4, 2011

Love the plugin, good job! :thumbsup:
        • Like Like x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007
        • Feb 14, 2012
          Please make it remember the choice between rounds.
        • Apr 9, 2007
          Unless if something is going terribly wrong (or there are a sudden influx of :clown:s) it should be functioning perfectly. Its possible that clientprefs is broken and said server needs to be restarted.
        • Nov 16, 2011
          Soooo any word on that boss plugin? is it even possible?