Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Damage Display

Discussion in Server Updates started by Kyle, Feb 22, 2012

1. Jul 4, 2011
    Would be pretty cool but I don't think it's possbile, it would have to be done within the map.
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    Acctually it could be possible but very difficult ive talked to my friend about this and he said it could happen but you would need the information on how many players and how much hp the bosses get per player and the bosses maximum and minimum HP.
  3. Aug 12, 2011
    For Bahamut alone you'd have to take all of these things into account:
    • Extra damage from headshots
    • Damage from grenades
    • Potential damage from Ultima
    • Bahamut's healing materia
    • Number of live CT's and base HP
    I'd imagine the way you'd set up such a plugin would be to detect how many bullets hit the boss, and I doubt it would be able to detect all of these other factors.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Agreed. I don't know the first thing about coding plugins, but since each boss on ZE is unique and lots of factors play into their health, I think it would be near impossible to code a plugin that accurately displayed HP for each separate boss.
    • Jul 4, 2011
      You wouldn't have to think about those things as all the plugin would do is show the HP, not calculate it. All you would need to do (if possible) is to get Bahamuts HP from an entity (which would most likely have to be done manually on each map with bosses) and display it somehow.
    • Aug 12, 2011
      Ah true, that'd be cool then, if it's possible

An early version of Mako actually had something similar to this but I think they removed it cause it was glitchy or something.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      This would be the last thing i think about... There are much bigger fish to fry.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Jul 19, 2011
      • Oct 29, 2010

Type "!ddisplay" in chat.
      • Jul 19, 2011
        ah thanks i can't play for now but ill be sure to leave a response when i am able to finally get on.
      • Feb 12, 2012
        May want to put this on the rotation of server messages, I've let a few people know on 24/7Lila and they love it!
      • Apr 9, 2007
        It is, I don't think a lot of players read chat though. Announcer seems to not be that widely known as well.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        I usually try to announce it every once in a while about every other map or so. Then I see chat spam "!ddisplay" or "!announcer" followed by "aw sweet when did this happen?". I just shake my head... :dazed:
      • Jan 14, 2012
        Maybe it's an idea to create a menu based 'help menu' (think of something like zmenu) with information on ddisplay and announcer, but also things like the donate page, shortcuts to url with forbidden spots for zm, general PF info, maybe map specific URL to tactics (tactics for pred anyone?)... Within the menu you should also be able to adjust the settings of announcer and ddisplay.

Since a lot of players don't read the motd, or don't have HTML motd enabled, this could be a nice way to get important information to that group. It could popup every time you connect, every map change, or just once, the first time you connect to the server.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Sorry guys. I had to make a breaking change today to this, you're going to have to reconfigure. (For me it's 7 then 5)
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Oct 7, 2013
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • Artistic Artistic x 1