Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

damage filter help

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by w6a7z99, Jun 30, 2015

1. Jul 20, 2014
    i want to ask something,
    how do i make both of the team cannot attack each other, but they can be killed with trigger_hurt, and others.

im making a minigame map where players must destroy the floor to kill other players.
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    I think that the following should work:

- Add 2 filter_activator_team entities, one for T, one for CT.
    - Set "Filter Mode" to "Disallow entities that match criteria".
    - In the spawn/whatever, add 2 trigger_multiple's to do the following:

<the name of the filter_activator_team for the players team>

There's surely more ways to do this, but this is the simplest/quickest way i thought of.
  3. Jul 20, 2014
    its just me or the trigger hurt wont damage them
  4. Feb 24, 2011
    From what i understand everything BUT T/CT should be able to hurt the players if the filter mode is "Disallow entities that match criteria".
    Have you checked the flags on the trigger_hurt?
    Do the players take fall damage?
    What hurt amount do you have on the trigger_hurt?
  5. Jul 20, 2014
    yes trigger_hurt has the flag "clients" selected,
    but the players probably wont take fall damage.
    the amount i want for trigger_hurt is 100 so players die instantly.
  6. Feb 24, 2011
    Could you test it and post the result here?
  7. Jul 20, 2014
    the players dont take fall damage, dont get damage from trigger hurt, and cant attack each other. uuh the result = video?
  8. Feb 24, 2011
    Sorry for taking so long to answer, i just got back from lunch.
    I can't put my finger on why this wouldn't work, are you sure that the "Filter Mode" is set to "Disallow entities that match criteria"?
    If it's already set to that, try picking the other option and see if that's the problem.
    Otherwise, feel free to PM the the .vmf if you'd like.
  9. Jul 20, 2014
    uuh i already found the solution, thanks for the help before :grin:
  10. Feb 24, 2011
    Oh? What was the solution?
    It would be good to have it posted here for future reference.
  11. Jul 20, 2014
    @Yahoo™ helped me, he said i should put the trigger_hurt and put a trigger so when the trigger hurt is activated, it will disable the damage filter (players will die by trigger hurt) and it will enable the damage filter again. (players cant attack each other after it)
    When i tested it, it works nicely.
  12. May 25, 2012

1.) Add a filter_activator_class, targetname "NoDmgFromPlayers", filter mode to "Disallow" and with filter classname "player". This is our little entity to prevent damage from all players but we can receive damage from anything else. No hassle.

2.) Add a trigger_multiple brush over your spawn with OnStartTouch -> !activator -> SetDamageFilter -> NoDmgFromPlayers -> 0.00 -> No. Keep in mind of late joiners too so we want to try and catch them. The trigger should save us from that trouble. We don't want to kill or disable it unless you're planning to do something else.

..Done? I don't see why you're adding two hurts here to "disable" and "enable" a trigger preventing them from dying but it sounds silly. If you ever want to clear the damage filter at any time you would just give them a blank damage filter.
  13. Jul 20, 2012
    @Syoudous That's a knowledgable answer. Have you made maps? Let me see your creations please.
  14. Jul 20, 2014

:razz: that worked, thanks. i think i will just use that.