Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal darkbasement

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by wolfman, Aug 13, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 19, 2011
    on the new map darkbasement when u go to 3 towers and u fall in the hole between the 2 of 3 towers its hard for zombies to knife humans cause its glitched for some reason i tried knifing this guy a million times and he wouldnt die heres screenie

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hahahahahahahahahahahaha/screenshot/558664840033510236
    this one u can see im knifing and him shooting and he still wouldnt die

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hahahahahahahahahahahaha/screenshot/558664840033508680
    this one is the same thing but he wasnt shooting and he wouldnt die

plz make this an illegal spot

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hahahahahahahahahahahaha/screenshot/558664840033591474
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    It's not really the spot, I've found that it's pretty hard to knife a human while you're on top of him, maybe that's just me though. But I don't see why you wouldn't be able to knife him...
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    Crouch when your on top of the human and you usually can knife them. As long as you can just walk into the spot and fall down, should be legal.
  4. May 15, 2011

Just don't be a nub cake.

You have to crouch, as Penguin said, to stabbie them.

I have this very same thing in dirty panic too.

It's a good spot for a while but can easily be overrun.

I myself have failed and overcome this spot.
  5. Oct 29, 2010
  6. Jul 19, 2011
    um i was crouching and knifing btw and dtill nothing
  7. Mar 25, 2011
    It's not illegal, there is nothing actually blocking you from knifing the human, you just have to get it right.
  8. Jul 14, 2011
    That's probably because the push-back was just enough to keep you up so crouching to knife him would be little more difficult. Having zombies stack behind you would most likely fix that.
  9. Jan 5, 2007
    It's legal, although a borderline exploit due to how CSS works.

Knifing in CSS is essentially a broken mechanic. It rarely ever is able to knife completely up or down when you have objects nearby, due to the "angle" the knife can hit at. In spots like that, it's very difficult to kill the person because the knife has a tendency to hit the stuff around them, causing your swing to end up null. In a spot like that, you have to make sure the closest wall is behind you, to make sure you have the best chance of actually killing them there. Otherwise as I'm sure you've noticed, you'll just keep hitting the wall around them, which is easy to spot when you listen for the impact sound.
  10. Jul 14, 2011
    I know a lot of the times when this happens to me, just compensate the angle. If it shows you hitting the wall to your right when looking down at him then just look more left and you should have an impact.
  11. Dec 7, 2010
    I personally have not had the opportunity to experience this map as of yet, but based on the thread discussions, it appears that the issue is a matter of zombies being prevented from reaching humans due knock back by gunfire. If this is so, there are other maps with identical issues which is overcome by teamwork. For example on ghs_lila_blue_town, you can camp in between a wall and a sideways car which zombies would then have to jump in to tag someone. I have had limited success in shooting zombies from below to prevent them from tagging me from above. I say limited success because it only works for me for a few minutes but I do enjoy watching zombies fly. The secret has always been for zombies to double stack on top of each other to prevent being shot back up.

I am assuming that this spot is similar to that situation. You would need to acquire the proper weapon with the maximum push back to effectively keep a zombie up in the air. Once another zombie stacks on their head the zombie below needs to crouch in order to tag the human and then, game over.

Once again, hopefully we are talking about the same situation as I have yet to play this map.
  12. Jan 30, 2011

Yes, that is exactly the way that myself and another zombie tagged a human that was between those silo's. Just need to get ontop of the other zombies head, or vice-versa to be able to reach the human without suffering from knockback.
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    The issue regarding the silo has been discussed and resolved. :locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.