Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dat Halo 5

Discussion in Gaming started by [pF] LuciD, Nov 18, 2013

1. May 31, 2012
    • May 11, 2011
      My only issue is that it's a cinematic trailer which tails us jack shit about the acutal game.
    • Jul 2, 2013
      For some reason this reminds me of transformers
    • May 31, 2012
      I wouldnt jump the gun on that. If your talking about the gameplay, then yea obviously.

http://guyver89.deviantart.com/art/Halo-5-Why-the-Cloak-377230896

I saw this awhile ago and it does look as if he doesnt have his armor on which would suggest he has gone rogue and that it will mainly focus around him trying to revive Cortana. You can most likely expect little or no UNSC to be present in the game. But who knows, you might just end up fighting dem humans and den forerunners!
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jan 21, 2011
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • May 31, 2012
        • Jun 11, 2012
          Awesome story from Halo 4 forerunner should leave me salivating fo moar!

Though I like that they are using the Cortana data disk so possibly get her. :frown:
        • May 31, 2012
        • Oct 18, 2012
          Halo reach around is the best halo. @Morphy knows it.
          • Agree Agree x 2
            FluffehKitteh, Nov 19, 2013 Last edited by FluffehKitteh, Nov 19, 2013
          • Dec 27, 2012
            Halo Reach was great and really fun online but I still have my best memories from Halo 3. I like Halo Reach more than I like Halo 3 but there was something special about Halo 3 that I just can't explain in words.

I thought Halo 4 would be a big let-down but in my opinion it took Halo to a whole new level. I'm not saying that it's better nor worse, but it certainly was something different from the previous games. I hope Halo 5 will take me by surprise just like the 4th did.

On a side-note, I'm not getting Xbox One so..Welp.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Jun 11, 2012
              Halo 1-3 & Halo 4 story are some of the well done linear story you can ask for. What gets me to this day is that Halo is never marketed the way it should by putting the story first instead of Chief. Every one sees Chief and will shrug as a another fps but won't look into the story (I mean it always spoiler free and leaves me surprised on the story that I am getting which is awesome). I just hope M$ can for once stopped marketing Chief as a whore and actually come out with a trailer that shows the story because it's a strong story it stands on and both Bungie/343 Industries are amazing at delivering it else people will shrug it off and won't get in to it.

Halo Reach was the weakest of the title IMO. It was something to filler for M$ until 343's halo was pushing out the door. I felt no connection to the characters and the story was a big meh up until you get to the ending and the Pillar of Autumn appears (I yelled a big OOOOHHHHHHHHH when I saw that)

I'm getting it when the games comes out and then when I finish it, will question my motif on why I got a XBone. That's like the only exclusive thing it got going on and it's gonna be a weird thing owning a console for 1 game.
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Dec 27, 2012
                I agree with you in this aspect, but I was talking about the actual gameplay, not the story. Story-wise, Reach didn't stand a chance against 1, 2 and 3.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • May 15, 2011
                  As someone who reads the books and is more interested in the lore and story of Halo than the games themselves, I really look forward to this one, unlike I did for 4, which was based more on user playability than an actual coherent story (Maybe there was but never played it, and from what I saw it looked like garbledee goop CoD spinoff).
                • Jun 18, 2012
                  I couldn't disagree with you more here, Reach didn't feel like it had any atmosphere to me, you had some guys, going from objective to objective with a very marginal story which I couldn't care less for with evry main character being there for only 1 moment in the complete campaign ... The power ups were fun though in the multiplayer, I guess, I don't play online on consoles often anyway. 3 Really was fun though I agree!

Story/cutscenes were good (eventhough there are some uuuuhm sure moments which don't make sense to me like: AI-chips deteriate after 7 years, and she's 8 years old, yet she was already acting funny 4 years before during halo 3, when she was only 4 years old ...)but the playable part itself leaves no memories, going from A to point B was kind of dull in my opinion and movement of vehicles seemed clunky as hell compared to previous games.
                • Dec 27, 2012
                  Well as I said, I was talking about the gameplay and not the actual story. Sorry for confusing you and Bender :shutmouth:
                • Feb 3, 2012
                  In my opinion, Halo Reach and Halo 3 were the best.
                • May 11, 2011
                  I kind of want Halo 5 to suck other wise i will have to go by an Xbox One.
                • May 31, 2012
                  You do know it will come out on 360 and One right?
                • May 11, 2011
                  Now that you said it yes i do remember that now.:smile:
                • May 31, 2012
                  • Agree Agree x 1