Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

DayZ Pros & Cons

Discussion in Gaming started by Martin, Jun 2, 2012

1. May 27, 2010
    What are some pros and cons to this game?
  2. May 15, 2011
    It's a mod, not a game. Here's the Website, http://dayzmod.com.

CHKillroy is making a series using this mod. That's the only information I have on the game, as the free version does not work with the DayZ mod. But from watching the entire series of, The Days Ahead, it seems like a very engaging mod, and when I can, will get it myself. It's still in Alpha, so IMO, it will only get better. I hope this may have helped a bit, if not, I'm sure we have others who actually do play it. :D
  3. Jan 12, 2012
    You can use the free version of arma 2 But you Need OA With the free version To Actually Use this Mod
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Stormblizzard
      This message by Stormblizzard has been removed from public view. Deleted by Stormblizzard, Jun 2, 2012, Reason: Ur..
      Jun 2, 2012
    • Jan 12, 2012
      Pros Are It's Very Immersive And Extremely Fun With Friends Or Alone/ Alone Is More scary Tho Especially at night time :crying: -Cons Arma Is Not Optimzed Well
      Stormblizzard, Jun 2, 2012 Last edited by Stormblizzard, Jun 2, 2012
    • Jan 2, 2012
      Attempted to get the mod working several times but couldn't do it with the free version. Seems like there's a way apparently to get it working on the free version. What are you referring to when you say OA? What's that? @Stormblizzard
    • May 15, 2011
      OA is Operation Arrowhead. It is suggested to get Combined Operations, since that comes with both ArmA II and Operation Arrowhead. That's what you need to run the mod.

Use it.[IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Nov 29, 2010
        A realistic survival mod. I really am interested in this, however I do not own Arma 2.

You do have to think about what you're going to expect from this.

For one, it's using ARMA's engine, so gunplay and movement is going to be slow and methodical.
        Added with the layer that you die, you lose everything,
      • Jan 12, 2012
      • Jan 12, 2012
        Operation Arrowhead Like stated Above by the meanie Is a Stand Alone Expansion Really That You'll need For DayZ If you choose to buy Wait a few weeks As Steam are Putting it Out for the Summersale But If you cant wait Just buy it Now Either Or =]
        • Like Like x 2
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • May 15, 2011
          ArmA II has a free version. Operation Arrowhead is not free, however. People say that the Demo version of ArmA II does not work with Operation Arrowhead, so it's best to get Combined operations.

It looks amazing. Sure, it's not the best engine, but the concept and idea is perfect. I personally love the 1 life only thing. Adds to the dynamic of the world, and puts an emphasis on survival. I think it would be awesome to get a PF group going with this game. Would be amazing. Although, the amount of teamwork needed might not be something us PF'rs could handle. :giggle:
        • Mar 4, 2012
          Any group of players with microphones can communicate enough to be successful in a game like this. On any given time on ZE 50-90% of players are retarded newfags that can't tie their goddamn shoes together and that's why PF goes full retard at times.
        • May 15, 2011
          • Funny Funny x 1