Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

DayZ?

Discussion in Gaming started by LadyMoOnLiGht, Dec 6, 2012

1. Oct 10, 2010
    maybe pF start DayZ server, passworded and private hive?

that would be nice and funny

i mean there are zombies in this game, and pF is a zombie community
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jul 14, 2010
      Definitely support this! However, the dayz fling is pretty much over. Perhaps when standalone comes out pF could throw up a server for that. HOPEFULLY!
    • May 15, 2011
      Would be cool but don't see it happening. And hi Moon. :D
    • May 31, 2012
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Jul 14, 2010
        Oh yeah, I believe the reason one wasn't originally thrown up due to dayz not supporting linux. So definitely hope Standalone supports that OS or we fucked!
      • Oct 10, 2010
        i mean the arma2 is fine, on a private hive, that will be contain no hackers

whitelist sytem like on minecraft
      • Aug 5, 2010

• Oct 10, 2010
      • Jul 1, 2010
        The first issue is lack of Linux server support, as that is what we run and only Windows was supported. A few months ago that's all that was available, no idea if that has changed.
      • Oct 10, 2010
        i know this windows issue, but you can run it with wine
        it works, others can run it .. (not me, i have no knowledge about this)

but it works somehow
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Uhm.. Don't think we are going to use wine on a Linux box, I don't even think our boxes have a UI interface, believe it's just shell. I used wine on Ubuntu, Mint and several others, but it's entirely different.
      • Oct 10, 2010

no pF DayZ server
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Hopefully eventually they will pop out a Linux server client, I doubt they will until standalone though unfortunately.
      • Oct 10, 2010
        as far i know, the standalone will be more than 2 or 3 month away

with other words, next year
      • May 15, 2011
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Oct 17, 2011
          God knows what might hit you in one year. Don't rush your life sister.
        • Oct 29, 2010
          When the standalone comes (hopefully soon) I really do hope this is seriously considered, assuming it's a possibility of course. I would love to see this happen.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 12, 2008
            We want it to happen, but windows is too exploitable. that's why there's so many hackers.

once it comes out for linux though i would love for us to do this.
          • Nov 29, 2010
            If we ever do get a server running when and if we get the resources, we should host a manhunt event, for shits and giggles
            • Like Like x 1
            • Mar 12, 2008
              Warning: No offence is intended in the following statement

"smear the queer" style, or "Hunter and the hunted" style?

"Smear the queer" meaning he is immune to zombies, runs faster, only uses melee and pistols, and everyone is against him/her

"Hunter and the hunted" 1 person who has access to ONE silenced weapon/night vision, a choice of camouflage depending on enviroment (woodland for chernarus, etc...), a map, a GPS. The survivors have to stick together and find/kill the hunter. Hunter spawns outside the perimeter of a random city, survivors spawn at regular player locations. - Basically worry about regular zombies, and the hunter whoever it is.

There's always the regular old "Free for all" and it's everyone for themselves, highest score wins type of deal. That's vanilla so it could be possible.

Either of those variants would be challenging and fun to play. Day Z can have so many different fun mods added it would probably never lose it's charm. This is up to the modders themselves however, and i doubt anyone would put too much work into it. It's still fun to daydream about it though
              • Like Like x 1