Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

de_ardennes

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by JorisCeoen, Apr 15, 2013

1. Apr 9, 2012
    JorisCeoen, Apr 15, 2013 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Apr 15, 2013
  2. Apr 9, 2012
  3. Jan 11, 2011
    Why you didn't try with your mapper friends? I'm sure they would understand and check it for you even if they need to find out in a forum. XD

EDIT: Nevermind; was talking about myself and just noticed I didn't install CS:GO on this computer... XD
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Feb 19, 2012
      i can't even load the map. maybe someone else can have better luck?

oh shit, didn't realize this was for CS:GO. should have a warning there for that.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jan 11, 2011
        ZombieFurbie, you know its for CS:GO, not CS:S, right? I'm installing CS:GO, not a clue how long will it take (or if I will encounter any problem), 22% right now.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jun 18, 2012
          Downloading, I'll see if I can get it to work.

Edit: if you tell me how to get in the map through GO (how to open console and if it's still Map de_ardennes) then I can play. Cause ` doesn't work somehow...
          Fornax, Apr 15, 2013 Last edited by Fornax, Apr 15, 2013
        • Feb 19, 2012
          you can't blame me! the thread didn't even say what game the bsp was for! i don't have CS:GO so its up to you Kaemon! (and others apparantly)
        • Jan 11, 2011
          I can blame you and I will! None of this would have happened if it wasn't for you, meddling mapper, and your dumb dog! 35% on the Download of CS:GO. Don't trust Fornax report!
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Aw my bad, that's my fault. Sorry, I'm a little under stress here because I worked on it 3 months and I want to upload it very soon. If I would miss the deadline by errors, I will suicide myself xD
        • Jul 23, 2012
          I have CSGO installed, i'll give it a go.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Ok Pakrat has apparantly beaten me again, so I will re-upload the final version with way less cubemaps, and with all the files hopefully next time
        • Jun 18, 2012
          Well downloaded and opened it via the file, and GO is the biggest piece of shit walking this earth it loads your map fine, hell even the bots run and shoot eachother sadly all I can see is the start-up screen. Oh and a 5 pixel line under the frame of my screen.

You deserve a medal for making this horrible game just a litlle less horrible...

I Blame anyone with a K,e or m in their names @Kaemon!
          • Funny Funny x 1
            Fornax, Apr 15, 2013 Last edited by Fornax, Apr 15, 2013
          • Apr 9, 2012
            I found the problem. Pakrat just fails after the autoscan to add more files than about halfway of my folder, so I fixed it hopefully by first adding all my files and THEN autscan for the rest. File incoming after upload again, and then I should really get uploading it otherwise I will not reach the deadline.

Oddly, I removed about 90% cubemaps, there are only like 5 of them in the map, it's even bigger now. I think it has to do with the fact that CS:GO adds .pwl files which are exactly the same material files as teh root material and I don't know their use... so I will just release this version as it is, and then ask what the fuck those PWL files are, as they literally add the whole texture base TWICE to the map.

So after the release, I will release a light version which should be half the filesize.
            Post Merged, Apr 15, 2013
            New version:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hvkbsr
          • Jan 11, 2011
            Told you on steam; but so far seems like everything you tried to pakrat is missing: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139407332

[IMG]

Are you sure you are using the correct pakrating tool/settings for CS:GO?

EDIT: BTW, had a stupidly hard time trying to test your map... I was forced into adding -console to the launch options, binding the console, load another map (with forced bots) and do a changelevel to yours... I don't know if it could be done in a more normal fashion (like, just choosing it from a list of all the maps that are in your folder...) or not, but I sure hate those new "For Morrons" menus that require dozens of sub-menus like "Defuse" and "Destruction" or whatever they called them and that spell everything for you with letters covering the whole screen...
            Kaemon, Apr 15, 2013 Last edited by Kaemon, Apr 15, 2013
          • May 25, 2012
            From the version you posted originally: #1, #2, #3, #4

Your 'new' version: #1

Oh darn, I'm late.
          • Apr 9, 2012
            I am aware of a new trick thanks to Motanum, I can rename my folders to jorisceoen_modelsx and see for myself if something misses. And with my latest version, nothing missed. So... I hope everything will work from now on! Next version and hopefully last version incoming
            Post Merged, Apr 15, 2013
            http://www.sendspace.com/file/bg054d
          • Jan 11, 2011
            Works for textures and particles as well, and is the most common technique ever for testing those things... Still, you usually want to be sure/confirm with someone else. I wrongly assumed you were on that part. XD
          • May 25, 2012
          • Jan 11, 2011
            In case you are not reading me in Steam (since you don't seem to answer) here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaemonarch/screenshots/
            Apparently only one (or two) models are missing, in front of the big door. The White/Red police cord fades way too close to it. And lots of textures missing (really noticeable since they cover big surfaces). Not sure about the "invisible" textures on the big door and some floors; not a clue why they look like that instead of Pink-Black or Errors.
            Also, whatever you did with the cubemaps... It was really wrong... 240 MBs for a map smaller tha most Defuse maps... XD