Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

de_esker (CSGO)

Discussion in Completed Maps started by nyronic, May 26, 2013

1. May 17, 2011
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=147845764

Been playing a lot of competitive GO lately and decided I wanted to make a de_ map.

I'm amazed at how fast I was able to finish this, I used all default materials, models, etc. so I didn't waste any time creating all of these things like on my other maps. I also didn't waste time creating overly complicated entity monsters either. I may start making more "normal" maps :grin:.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 3
    • Nov 19, 2010
      Ouuu cant wait to play it.... Btw what rank are you? I'm at Master Guardian 2
    • Feb 3, 2012
      I remember playing this. You did a good job on it. :thumbsup:
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Lately I feel like doing the same, at the same time creating ZE and normal maps, because normal maps learns you things that you don't with ZE and vice versa :smile: Good job, looks like a very nice map!
      Post Merged, May 26, 2013
      Also about CS:GO. For level design it's so much more satisfying because of the increased graphics... Every time I compile for CS:S I feel like how difficult it is to achieve the same impression of graphics that CS:GO makes easy to do xD
    • Feb 2, 2013
    • Apr 9, 2007
      I see lots of inspiration from stock maps :razz: Looks good though, nice job!
    • May 17, 2011

I agree, the shadow system kicks ass and you don't have to set lightmaps super low for everything you want to look nice.

Correct, I didn't really have a plan for a theme at all, I just made a layout and used inferno for a lot of theme inspiration. lol
    • May 17, 2011
      I'm double AK, don't know what the real name is. I was Badge but I down ranked =(
    • Nov 19, 2010