Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

de_winter_forest (Winter Wonderland Contest)

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by JorisCeoen, Nov 25, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2012

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 7
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 6
      JorisCeoen, Nov 25, 2012 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Jan 14, 2013
    • Jun 11, 2012
      New map makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Can't wait and good luck. And just for goof, will there be holiday soundtrack or some other? :smile:
    • Oct 9, 2012
      So far it sounds good. Can't wait to see it!
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Make sure to make those models available to mappers :wink: Good work! :thumbsup:
    • Apr 9, 2012

However the site is not opened yet, and it'll probably get more focus after both SSBB and this map, but that was my idea indeed ^^
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jun 18, 2012
        I say santa at his home with reindeers as an easter.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        So today I had like 20 minutes to work onto it. I created a lot of textures today for the map and I can start creating the landscapes and geometry. I was able to finish the rudimentary design of the spawnzone, and the props for it are now in the make. I tend to create something special so I hope it'll work out...

As for after that cave, the snowy part will start (the cave is just the spawning zone so it's more impressive to fade that kind of darkness towards the snowy white theme).

I will try to post some pictures of the cave once that is fully finished!
      • Jul 8, 2012
      • Sep 22, 2012
        Awesome work, I'm loving the idea so far! You should upload some screenshots to GB as a W.I.P so I can better follow your work, as I don't visit PF very often.

Also there are still 28 days left if anyone else wants to hop in on the action - http://gamebanana.com/contests/31 There is $175 up for grabs :smile:

Jonny-Higgins
        • Like Like x 1
          Jonny-Higgins, Nov 28, 2012 Last edited by Jonny-Higgins, Nov 28, 2012
        • Oct 6, 2012
        • Apr 9, 2012
          There ya go ^^ http://gamebanana.com/projects/34484
          Post Merged, Nov 28, 2012
          I also uploaded a new pic to the OP post, replaced the second one with what should look a bit like the cave (basically). I will improve it a lot more, after this I will start with the snowy part (which will be harder to make...)
        • Apr 1, 2012
          at least the GB link has correct spelling in the map title
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • May 30, 2012
            • Jul 17, 2012

Maybe if you plan to make random routes let the Boss appear on different positions all the time. A giant snowman would be cool. :grin:
            • Apr 9, 2012
              Well I wanted to contrast the small beginning (for what would become this cave) against the rest that will probably almost only be snow... But I could fade this cave into a small part being an ice cave as well as a preparation to the snowy areas. This makes also more sense, thanks!
              • Like Like x 1
              • Apr 9, 2012
                I made a quick update to the OP post, I added a picture of how the ice in the ice caves will look like. I would like to remind people that the ice cave isn't a big part of the map and only serves as a blend from the normal cave to the ice caves that finally will blend into the snowy areas. Let me know what you think of it!
                • Like Like x 1
                • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                • Oct 17, 2011
                • Apr 9, 2012
                  Sorry to bump but I need people their help, what do you think looks better and more realisticly towards an ice cave?

This:
                  [IMG]

Or this:
                  [IMG]
                • Jun 18, 2012
                  When I first saw the second one I thought I was in some weird underwater pipe, made out of water. :razz: It looks cool but not really icey IMO I'd say the first one but you should add a few stalactites/stalacmites it's so smooth now. :wink:
                • Apr 9, 2012