Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dead Island

Discussion in Gaming started by Reaper, Feb 20, 2011

1. Jan 5, 2007

Kind of depressing trailer, but really well made. Excited to see how the game turns out.
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    Whoa, epic. This looks sweet! That girl was totally munchin' on her dad :shock:
  3. Dec 12, 2010
    Yeah, i saw that game trailer like 1 week ago and i showed up to my brother and he didnt believe that is a actualy game of how well made. :thumbsup:
  4. Oct 22, 2010
    the fact that this game is going to have a leveling system and skill tree, make me undecided, i'll keep an eye on it though
  5. Nov 30, 2010
    Looks pretty cool.
  6. Jan 24, 2011
    And it supports dx11 for us with real cards.
  7. Jan 21, 2011
    dx10&11 are bullshit imo. Look at Rage running the new id tech 5 engine. dx9 and still looks amazing.
  8. Jan 24, 2011
    On forums those with shotty machines usually say that. with quad sli dx 11 is supurbe on a game thats actually designed with graphics in mind. I will agree dx 10 had its soreness but when you add up that most paople who play fps games are commpetitive and keep graphics at a minimum. But contrary to what you think there are people like me with a disposable income who can buy the latest and greatest hardware who play games for their graphics. But to say dx9 looks better on a game then dx 11 when the game is designed t use dx 11 is a pretty outlandish thing to say. dx11 is still new but if you look at 3dmark 11 and run it with dx 11 vs dx 9 or 10 you will wet your panties. If your machine can handle it that is. Not sure if you realize this but your card has to be certified for dx 11 as older cards will not do Tessellation.
  9. Jan 21, 2011
    Im new to this whole dx thing so forgive me. Can a radeon 5850 handle dx11? yes. /end sarcasm/ I may not have quad sli, but i dont need it either. i have an i7 with 9GB ram. runs everything i throw at it. and have you seen anything on rage? dont bash it before you look. id tech 5 is far beyond any other engine out there. megatextures in itself is an incredible technology.

sorry to get off topic, game looks intense. i like intense.
  10. Nov 29, 2010
    Eh, I've seen enough zombies. Cool trailer though
  11. Jan 24, 2011
    9 gig thats an oddball number. So your not running in tripple channel or duel channel. If your board supports tripple channel grab youself a kit 2x3 stick of crucial or something. The i7 is designed to take advantage of tripple channel and you will love the pformance gain. And 1 5850 in dx 11 with tessel is pretty choppy. I have a storefront and build gaming rigs not one less then 5 grand. You should grab another card and crossfire that shit. Crossfire is ati's version of sli just in case you did not know.

Also the i7 is an overclocking beast if you got good mem you can get a 4.2 ghz off an i7 950 on air. the 930 and 920 you can get about the same just compensate for the lower stock speeds and subtract from the 4.2.
  12. Jul 23, 2010
    You just got permabanned. lawl. Might as well check out this game eh?
  13. Nov 29, 2010
    There's something called an IP tracker.... we see your IP on forums, track it onto the server, IP ban. Spend hundreds of dollars on CSS, you're not getting in after an IP ban. Oh and I believe we all have jobs too and have better things to be spending our money on than buying the same game over and over.
  14. Jul 23, 2010
    You are permabanned. lawl.
  15. Jul 8, 2010
    I don't know who you are bubblegum, but you're on my shitlist for owning a hummer you bitch!
  16. Jul 8, 2010
    btw Dead Island looks like a great movie, cant wait for it to come out in theaters bro.
  17. Nov 29, 2010
    ... uhh?
  18. Jan 21, 2011
    9GB = 3x2GB and 3x1GB not oddball at all and tripple channel. crossfiring 2 5850s isnt worth the money for the second one. 2 6850's however is nice.
  19. Jul 23, 2010
    What part of you have ONE official Steam account and use only ONE to play. Stop trying to be all..cool and shit. You may be in-game but you sure as hell aren't on our servers. In fact, when you posted that you were on your ONLY Steam account.

Oh and btw,

lawl. You're permabanned.