Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dead microphone chat & HLSS/HLDJ muter

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Anathema, May 11, 2011

1. Feb 18, 2011
    These two things have been done before, and I am thinking it would be good to do it on here. Dead microphone chat doesnt let players who died mic chat with the alive individuals, which is great for ghosting. The dead can talk to eachother though. The only trade off is you can still ghost with chat, but it is a HELL of a lot easier to catch. HLSS/HLDJ muters work well too, you can set it to mute for 30 secconds in every interval. It obviously stops spam do we don't need to worry about it all the time. I was hoping to get your guys opinion on this as well. Thanks. :razz:
  2. Feb 17, 2011
    like if its ze or zm i think its more fun for all to talk
    on MG u need it too to tell the slow mows to move it on the course maps
    i think its nice on all servers haha
  3. May 27, 2008
    We had an hlss/dj plugin a while ago. I think it created problems with the server.
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    All you have to do it set it to mute when the command voice_loopback 1 is used. (when they play the clip) but set it to 30s instead of most servers that do it so you have to rejoin. My friend used to have it do that on his server.
  5. Oct 10, 2010
    but HLDJ/HLSS is broken since last update or this before
    the new steam codec dont allows stream from a file.
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    We were using sv_allow_voice_from_file 0 so I removed the plugin.

Also, see below (or above).
  7. Feb 18, 2011
    Ehh, well how about the dead mic chat? What do you think about that?
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    I don't think dead mic chat is an issue at all. :mellow: