Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dead Rising 2 OTR

Discussion in Gaming started by Kyron The Wise, Mar 25, 2012

1. Apr 29, 2011
    So, just wondering if anyone here besides me and Pac ( Who I'm pretty sure has every game on Steam in his inventory) plays Dead Rising 2 Off the Record. From what I've played so far, it seems to be an alright remake of the original Dead Rising 2.

I believe the Super Massager ( a leaf blower that fires dildos) alone makes it worth the money.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 29, 2011
      Apparently there is still some kinks in the game, which I am praying that they will fix. I am now getting an infinite loading screen whenever I try to go into the Silver or Platinum Strip (The big area in the middle of the map.) Of course, this may or may not have been caused by me slapping the keyboard on my laptop....really hard.

Stupid goddamn zombie knocking me off a ledge to my death.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      This made me laugh for a good minute for two.
    • Apr 29, 2011
      Thats not including the progress that I lost because I hadn't saved in a while. I could rant about it here, but I already ranted at Pac, so I don't really feel the need to bring the pain back.
      I will miss my nigh indestructible, 2.25 million dollar hummer that I had....
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Honestly I was disappointed with Dead Rising 2, it was released a little over a year and a half late, and it didn't reel me in. IMO I think the first one was amazing, with the 2nd one being alright. Didn't get to really play it that much, but now that you talk about OTR, I might just give it a shot. Is the story mode as good as the first one?
    • Apr 29, 2011
      The story mode is actually similar to the story of Dead Rising 2, with some changes, not all of which I have seen yet, only heard about. I never got to play the first game, so I don't know how it compares, but OTR is definitely superior. Check the spoilers for more info.

I think the game was totally worth the money. They fixed some of the parts that were crap about Rising 2, and Frank's personality is just some much better than Chucks.

The potential issue is the eternal loading screen glitch, which I have discovered has actually happened to other people, and there are workarounds for it. Also, your weapons may spontaneously decided to not be swung when you attack. Just pop in and out of pause a few times to fix it.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      • Apr 29, 2011
        I figured out how to fix the eternal load screen bug. It requires an uninstall, but you can just backup/move your save games and move them back after reinstall.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Sorry didn't see a reply to this, but IMHO, the first one was by far better. It was a big hit for a while. Dead Rising 2 fell off the face of the earth only a few weeks after it's release because it's story was sketchy or something like that. A lot of people thought it was too.... 'inside the box' I guess you'd say. Please play the first one ^^ If not I'll buy it and gift it to you, forcing you to play it out of guilt. I think I racked up over 300+ hours on that game, 2nd most played game for me behind Test Drive Unlimited (arguably the best sandbox racing game of all time), which I had I think 1,500 or 1,600 hours played.... Shit, I think I had over 100,000 miles driven in that, if not more.

Back to the point, you NEED to play the first one =P
      • Apr 29, 2011
        First only got released on the console, no PC version.