Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dead Space 3

Discussion in Gaming started by Angel/Latino King, Feb 3, 2013

1. Jul 14, 2008
    Dead Space 3 is 2 days away from coming out! Anyone getting it? thoughts? Expectations?

In case you haven't seen the trailer:

2. Nov 11, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jun 3, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 6, 2012
        I'm ready to change my pants everytime when I play. :nailbiting:
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Dec 30, 2006
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 11, 2012
            Dead Space 1 had some creepy and tense moment but I found the game pacing to be bland. So in order to spice the game up, I played both Dead Space 1 and 2 with a trainer that made me pretty much god like (enable +noreload, ammo never empties, I never can get hurt, I never can die) and went around thinking that all these enemies fear me but yet they must defend their honor. Also I was screaming in real life with a scratchy voice like Nolans Batman:

"WHERE IS MY WIFE" at every opportune time
            "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THIS PLACE, CLEAN IT UP" when I killed a enemy
            "DAMN YOU UGLY, LET ME GIVE YOU A HAIRCUT" when I used the laser cutter gun
            "CAME AT ME BRO" when enemy rushed at me

All in all I am purely looking for this game solely because of the story which was pretty meh in both 1 and 2. So I'm not hyping myself up. They are purely basing themselves with a action (read COD) game instead of the creepy and tense game they had with Dead Space 1.
          • Jul 14, 2008
            http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/how-horrifying-is-dead-space-3
          • Aug 14, 2012
            I Luv Dead Space I even got the Dev Team Edition <3
            • Like Like x 1
            • Aug 10, 2012
              Lol I didn't even know this was coming out
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jul 14, 2008
                So I bought it yesterday but got home too late to install and play it so hopefully today.

Anyone played it yet?
                • Like Like x 1
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  No, but let us know how you like it. :party:
                • Nov 29, 2010
                  "meh" In terms of actual horror with cheap scares in place of horror. Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere is amazing and by no means is this a bad game. But if you want an actual scare, go play Amnesia.

It's a repetition I've seen in both DS 1 and 2, and undoubtedly will be in DS3
                • Jul 1, 2010
                  Does the DS 3 story carry over from DS 2? Should I play the first 2 first?
                • May 14, 2011
                  The story is set up to be sequelized. DS has a big story that is explained in detail from DS1 and DS2. So playing the third one directly may let you experience the game, but the story may confuse you. So overall the story is not contained in DS3
                • Mar 1, 2012
                  Doesn't feel nearly as scary as DS 1 or 2. Its too action oriented. That and weapons feel grossly underpowered. Quite a few elements were made for co-op and then patched to work as SP.
                • Jun 9, 2012
                  How have people found DS3? I never properly got into the first two but I did relatively enjoy the demo for this one . . .
                  Also, is there any real benefit of getting one of the collector editions (if I even get the game)?