Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Death from moving platforms.

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by GANGSTALICIOUS, Feb 20, 2014

1. Feb 11, 2012
    In rota derp on the MG server, you die whenever you step on a moving platform. The spinning islands seemed to be ok, it's just moving one's like the boxes.
    I couldn't get past Stage 2 without having to 'noclip' around it and there are a couple other locations too.
    @Hydreigon seems to think it's from when Josh tested serpentis b3. Something to do with sv_turbophysics.

Can someone fix this?
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    Sounds like we need Kyle's cvar reset plugin on MG.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Apr 28, 2013

Well idk the real cause of this but elevators seem to work fine especially in serpentis when the elevator didn't kill but turbophysics had to do with ppl that die from moving objects (like the cyndrillical stones and the falling rocks) but Kaemon is going to turn turbophysics off in the next version. Also because turbophysics being a server cvar command, it stays on the server until a root turns it off or the server is restarted. @Polynation told me a story about server cvar commands applying to the next map. It happened on another server when they were playing paranoid and poly got ppl to rtv to change the map while paranoid had the no friction trigger. As a result, the map changed while the triggers were active resulting in from what poly told me "the funniest round of voodoo islands ever" (Some ppl will probably know what happened). However, this is a rare concurrence and the issue was fixxed by restarting the server.

So someone restart the mg server and I will be there for rota derp for testing again to see if the cause was turbophysics.
      Hydreigon, Feb 20, 2014 Last edited by Hydreigon, Feb 20, 2014