Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Deathrun

Discussion in Future Servers started by Pearlsnaps, Jan 20, 2013

1. Sep 8, 2012
    Don't know if there is a thread already made for this so sorry if there is. I've been playing on GFL Deathrun server since I'm banned and it's actually really fun. I'd e think it would be a good idea if pF created one? Just a suggestion :razz:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Sep 8, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Before somebody posts the kinky pink fuzzy handcuffs, what is Deathrun exactly?
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Jul 8, 2012
        It's like on ze_random when you get to the part where zombies are on the other side of a glass wall and the ct's go through the traps. But with a few T's doing that to the whole server as CT's.
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Aug 18, 2006

Deathrun is basically an obstacle course map. There are two teams, survivors and death. The survivors must navigate through it as death triggers the traps.
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Is it that specific? Or is it a loose term that applies to a variety of types that don't exactly have the buttons/1 way glass/etc.?

EDIT: Never mind, Raymond answered my question.

Kinky handcuff time.
        • Feb 11, 2012
          Suggest few deathrun maps for MG server? It should be fine not sure thought :dontknow:
          • Agree Agree x 4
          • May 31, 2012
            Woah I did not know what death run was, glad Brett asked and I read through. Come on ze_random only gets it randomly as part of the map, I am sure Pearl is meaning an entire map dedicated to that. Sounds fun, I agree, add it to MG if possible.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Mar 4, 2012
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Jan 13, 2013
                In terms of deathrun, if you would like... i can be the map maker if we ever get one. The main map maker* Ze has it's group of people but i have some great trap ideas =D
              • Mar 12, 2008
                Server, no. MiniGames, yes. It's too much to host a server for simply death run, it would be the same as having a bhop server.

I am not opposed to the fact of gaining more maps to play on MG.
                • Agree Agree x 4
                • Sep 8, 2012
                  Yeah, it doesn't have to have to be a server specifically devoted to deathrun. Putting it on the MG server would actually make me start playing on it. I guess it's something for you guys to think about?
                  Post Merged, Jan 21, 2013
                  Dooooooo itttt. :drool:
                  Post Merged, Jan 21, 2013
                  Also, there are MANY different maps for deathrun which is why I was bringing up the server idea.
                • Jan 13, 2013
                  I could host Deathrun privately if you wish as a sort of "test Enviornment" to see if it become popular. I can also do all of the set-up and such.

@Pearlsnaps, i would need you to talk to me about the way you might want it.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • May 31, 2012
                    I'm working on my first map ever. I want to do a Great Wall of China sort of thing and make lots of traps (I suck at this right now), so maybe a Death Run might be suitable for that one. It will take a long time and I need practice.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Oct 28, 2012
                      Deathrun was the most popular nonclassic mod for CSS like 4-5 years ago. It was popular like minigames or ze nowdays.

IMO making DR only server wouldn't be good idea since it is overplayed mode and there are already tons of shit DR servers with autobhop and shitty maps that has nothing to do with original "oldschool" DR maps such as deathrun_solidsnake and percolate_oreo.
                      • Useful Useful x 1
                      • Jan 13, 2013
                        I think that if we had something that others servers didn't then it would be fine. In our case, we wouldn't have auto bhopping, the server would probably be a 66 tick for less bhopping, it would have anti-cheat for dem scripters, and an rtd.

Any input on that @Pearlsnaps?
                      • Sep 8, 2012
                        I like the idea but it's kind of funny having the "auto bhopping" on the server. Yesterday, me and Rambo were playing on the GFL server and he was the only T (trapper) on a simpsons level. I gained so much speed that he didn't even see me go by. It took me only like 30 seconds to complete the whole map..
                      • Jan 13, 2013

Edit: For me atlease

I can get 2k velo without it anywho _er (see what i did there?)
                        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1