Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dejobaan Games Titles

Discussion in Gaming started by Brett, Jun 11, 2013

1. Dec 6, 2011
    If you're looking for a unique style of Indie games to play, you should give these titles a shot:

1. AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity (2009)
    2. AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome (2011)
    3. 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby) (2013, currently in Alpha still being developed)

The uniqueness of these games is that you're always falling. With the excellent music choices, you can really get into them. The main object of all three of these games is to get points and complete objectives by falling close to objects.

In the first title, A reckless Disregard for Gravity, you're in a world where new materials arrive from outer space, allowing builders to make buildings high up in the atmosphere. Cities are built that are suspended in the air, and the world is completely different than the one you know. Now the only thing that's left to do is disregard the law and jump! There's an insane amount of levels, different style cities, and numerous types of jumps. The main goal is to gain points by performing hugs and kisses (kisses are each building you fall close to, hugs are how long you stay close to them). You also earn "Teeth" based on your score for the level, that allow you to unlock the next levels.

The 2nd title, AAaaaAAaaAA! for Awesome, is basically an upgraded version of the first, PLUS a huge expansion of levels with more twists and styles to them. Cities are more detailed, jumps are more complex, and there's new challenges to complete.

The 3rd title, 1...2...3... KICK IT! is somewhat similar to the first to, but instead of set missions, you jump to your music library (there's an example and explanation in a video in the Steam Store link). It's still being developed, but so far you can jump to your own music library, creating a "city" based on your style of music. A slower, softer song will be less intense, but still visually appealing to the eye, while a quicker, upbeat track will be more of a challenge and visually match the song.

All three games are $9.99 each, and are well worth it. Also remember that this isn't some multi-billion dollar company that produces games out their ass every year priced @ $60. These are Indie developers that reasonably price their awesome games for a steal. I don't believe it'd be fair to purchase Indie titles you like for a fraction of the price. My own rule is, if you enjoy the game, you should pay full price for it. For example, I got the first title, A reckless Disregard for Gravity, in an Indie bundle a couple months ago. I loved the crap out of the game, so I went to the Steam store and bought it at full price.

Anyways, give these titles a shot, you won't be disappointed (unless you have terrible vertigo problems, then steer clear of these:razz:)

EDIT: You also get to flip off protesters and give thumbs up to fans. It's quite the fun.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
      Brett, Jun 11, 2013 Last edited by Brett, Jun 11, 2013
    • May 31, 2012
      [IMG]

Looks like some really cool games and probably more difficult than they look :razz: