Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Delayed Video

Discussion in Technical Support started by N B K, Jul 18, 2012

1. Mar 19, 2011
    So recently I just had my computer assembled and I have the video running through the graphics card DVI port but when I boot up I can really get into the BIOS (Need to make some changes) due to there being a delay after a while it will show video but I am already in Windows. Any suggestions on fixes?
    should I just plug the DVI into the on-board graphics?
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    There can be a whole slew of buttons you can try as soon as you start up the computer (depending on your motherboard). DEL, F9, F2 are some of the most common ones. If you believe the DVI port is the issue, plug it in your mobo, access BIOS and change whatever you need to do, then go back to DVI.
  3. Feb 14, 2012
    F2 is a popular one. F11 might be one to check as well.
  4. Mar 19, 2011
    DELETE is what I press to get into the BIOS it is rather weird though I press DELETE when the Computer boots but it doesn't send me to the BIOS and there is rather a long delay in the video being show by the graphics card so much so that I am already loaded into Windows by the time the video start don't know if that is the graphics card's fault or the monitor. But yeah I may just have to boot with the on-board video since I highly doubt that there will be any delay in the video.
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    Is it your monitor adjusting to your resolution? Because that's the problem I'm having. My computer starts up to windows, and I can type in my login password before the screen even displays, due to the monitor taking time to switch the resolution. This problem is solely the monitor.

If this is a different issue, then please provide a little bit more background information on this problem so I can assist you further, because I'm still not fully understanding what your problem is.
  6. Mar 19, 2011
    Not sure I can really clarify the problem but let me restate it.

I shut down my computer fully, boot the computer up I hear it running but during this time the monitor is still black and not showing video, I hit delete REPEATEDLY to get into the BIOS, however the monitor is still blank so I quit hitting Delete and after a while the monitor will show video but Windows is already launched and showing my desktop. Not sure why it doesn't display the BIOS since I am pressing the required key even with the delay in video.