Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Demo of my latest work

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Jenos, Jun 30, 2011

1. Mar 25, 2011
    As very few of you know, I have started on a new project for Zombiemod. It is a map based loosely off of Dead Space's USG Ishimura (loosely because i can't really make an exact copy). I plan on making a series of these maps, each one set in a different part of the ship (i will likely make them in chronological order, starting with the Maintenance Bay), but right now we'll just concentrate on the Maintenance bay.

I also would like to introduce DMM into zombiemod, watch this video of my map and you'll know it when you see it:

(don't bother with "boxy map" comments, I save that kind of eye candy for last)

The reason i didn't post this in WIP section is because I don't believe it's progressed enough to start a thread there. When i get to the Actual Maintenance area I'll make a thread, for now, enjoy the video. over, and over, and over....
  2. May 15, 2011

I love dmm!

It looks so sexy! :teehee:

Plus great work.

I like the door being smashables. :razz:
  3. Jan 21, 2011
    Looks good so far. Definitely a fan of deadspace's design. Map is rather square tho :razz:
  4. Mar 25, 2011
    I save that kind of stuff for last, when i finish the structure i go around and make it look nice.
  5. May 15, 2011

Cypher is thick. :razz:

I think he said it was square cause you said no square comments.

You're so square. :teehee:

But ya.

I do the same.

I build blocky and keep to the grid.

It is really annoying when I go to edit a map and it doesn't follow the grid.

Like they made it in 3DS Max or something. :\
  6. Oct 10, 2010
    i like how the door breaks,
    how the hell did you do that?
  7. Mar 25, 2011
    It's called "Fake DMM". Basically if a game has real DMM, then everytime the object is question is loaded, it will be broken into different small parts, so if you threw a bowling ball at it it would break uniquely. Fake DMM is when it can only break in preset pieces, It's pretty easy to do, just make your door (or wall, or table, or whatever) and then cut it into small-ish (not too many) pieces, and select each piece individually and turn them into func_details. When they're all func details, just do an entire selection of them and turn 'em into func_physbox's, and put whatever options you like. (mine are at something like 400 health override, and 150(?) physics override, if you dont want it to break just by walking into it make the physics override 0).
  8. Oct 10, 2010
    thank you ^^

i gonna try this out
  9. Oct 10, 2010
    i gonna put this to mappingbase.de
    and ask them ...