Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Depression

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Capital Steez, May 26, 2015

1. Dec 30, 2014
    Depression isn't a joke. People start acting differently and their mood changes completely. In many occasions I've heard somebody tell another person who was depressed, "Don't worry. Come out tonight! It'll take your mind off things" which is true. It does. But just like any problem, if you just leave it, it will still be there when you return. People who are depressed usually are't in the mood for anything. I'm sure some of you already know this. But you need to take into consideration that when someone falls deep into depression, it gets to a point where they don't even WANT to help themselves. Some people are irrational and no matter how much you try to help them, they will not help themselves. But sometimes you need to adapt to the persons emotions, get on their level. I don't mean be depressed just like the other person. I mean you need to understand that if they do not want to go outside, you should not force them. How would you feel standing somewhere you never wanted to be. It's like that time you went shopping with your parents as a kid and all you wanted to do was go home. That is how some people feel all the time. Except even at home they feel out of place. The reason I am making this post is because I have had many close friends and family including myself, who have battled with depression and I feel that when someone understands me rather than saying "it'll be okay", it helps more. You don't know what's going on under someones smile. For all you know it could be fake. Thanks for listening guys. I hope you can help someone with depression in your life. One love

~Steez
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Feb 8, 2013
      What is this for? Did you just listen to Bob Marley's song and your emotions just went zooooom to the floor? Then you felt like you needed to write a masterpiece of an essay?
    • Dec 30, 2014
      No I didn't listen to a Bob Marley song and my emotions went zoom to the floor. Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote. I wrote it because depression is everywhere and people don't notice. Either they don't notice or they don't realize the seriousness of it. You know how many teenagers have killed them selves because they didn't have a voice or they didn't say what they wanted to say. It's very easy to fuck with someones emotions especially when they are depressed. I'm simply trying to raise awareness for depression. And FYI Bob Marley makes happier music. His music wouldn't make you depressed.
      Post Merged, May 26, 2015

Oh and at the bottom I noted that I am doing this because I, as well as my family and friends have dealt with depression. You don't ask a person why he's buying a homeless guy food do you?
      • Zing! Zing! x 1