Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Technical Support started by Scooby, Jan 16, 2012

1. Dec 11, 2011
    Never had this problem on my laptop before.

When I right click my desktop (wanted to create new folders), it just continue to load and load.
    I can't click anything on my desktop except my toolbar and taskbar.

When the loading stops, the menu don't show up.

running on window 7 / 64 bit
  2. Mar 19, 2011
    Yeah I've had this problem before, I don't even know what I did or If I did anything at all. All I know is after a while everything started working fine. I would suggest maybe try doing a System restore... It is annoying as hell though, I do have Win 7-64 bit also.
  3. Dec 11, 2011
    scratch that, it takes a while for the menu to load when i right-click.
    it is indeed annoying as hell -_____-

thought it could be my registry keys or that something is hogging the cpu.

my recent activities
    Updated my graphic's driver (last week)
    Updated to Kaspersky Internet security 2012
    installed gamebooster then uninstalled
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    On startup, i always open the task manager, and look for stuff that won't directly affect what i plan to do.

Turn off auto-start on programs like Utorrent :smile:o) and other things like WinAmp/etc. that will free up some crap that will slow you down.

Also try a virus scan or two, sounds like you might have something. Spyware/Malware can slow you down something bad.

Have you cleaned your tower recently? Open it and clear out dust/debris. If you don't think that affects performance, your wrong. Make a habit of doing it twice a month, AT LEAST. More if you keep it on/near the floor.
  5. Dec 11, 2011
    The only auto-start on program I have on is only steam, everything else is turned off.

I will run a virus scan now.

I always clean my laptop every month.