Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Destiny, new game from Bungie

Discussion in Gaming started by Bender Bending Rodriguez, Feb 17, 2013

1. Jun 11, 2012
    For whatever reasons I forgot to check this since I've been following this game forever and forgot it was supposed to be released today. Even though in my calendar it shows "Watch Destiny Reveal" for today in all caps, SWTOR has a hold on me nowadays.

After the breakup between Bungie and Microsoft, they formed up with Activision and forced a contract that heavily benefits them. No other gaming studios has been/or easily able to get full IP ownership, control of development, and release schedule. Thus with that they signed on with Activision to release a 10 years franchise for Destiny on all platform (I'm able to find info for 360 and PS3 only, but PC won't be left out by Activision). They will release 4 Destiny games every other year, and a DLC on the year a full game isn't released. This is something they been working on since before ODST apparently since hidden message has been found in that game. So you get a nerfed game every other year.

Trailer goodness for WIP.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EwOUi4JDC4o

Say what you will about the Halo franchise. Halo 1-3 and Halo 4 have some of the most beautifully written story and Halo 1 doesn't reward so easily when it comes to gameplay, since it's ballsy enough to force you to think before you act and not rambo it out. Every argument for those Halo titles have been "Your a guy shooting aliens", when in fact the story overtakes the actionness of the game. From The Flood attacking you in The Library part in Halo 1 to Forerunner story in Halo 4, I am truly happy for the story Halo has provided. And the special message that Bungie placed at the end of Halo 1 and again in Halo 3, 343 did the same and I freaking loved it.

Also Halo suffers from terrible trailers and hypes up their action shootiness instead of actually providing anything from the story. Every time I start a new Halo game I am left to speechless on how fantastic the story is and yet angered that the story was hyped up but instead a flavor of Montain Dew was...For a moment I forgot how gamers nowadays focus on shooty instead of story :frownbig:. Still The Walking Dead Game broke that barrier and I hope this high continues, else we might be heading to another video game lobotomization like in early 2000.
  2. Aug 10, 2012
    Yeah I've known about this for a while now and am very excited! I love Bungie ^^