Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Destruction of Exorath

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by iProbie, Oct 11, 2012

1. Apr 1, 2012
    Apparently some people believe that this map(and probably a few others) causes the infamous particles bug/crash..

I'm not sure about it, but if it is indeed true, I'm ok if retslag would remove the map from the rotation for a while until Michelle fixes it. usually, the particles bug itself is fixed by restarting the server but that's rather sad to restart the server over and over again.

and for the sake of this thread:
    @retslag @Purpzz @enviolinador @Syoudous
  2. Feb 14, 2012

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
  3. Mar 20, 2012
    Mhhh the question is : Should we remove maps that cause this bug or just live with it?
    its not like the minas physics glitch ...
    And i think that exorath only has a bigger probability to create the particle bug ...it will happen with other maps too. Are we gonna remove them too then? I dont think so.

So we have to live with it atm in my point of view. Maybe the mappers find a solution to repair valves fail.
  4. May 31, 2012
    I don't think it should get removed, but those maps (Exorath, Blackmesa Remix, Parking, Paranoid) should be looked at by the mappers. I've been looking deeply into the issue, and I believe the problems are:

• Exorath: Particle systems which emit too many particles. Maybe the editor (from DOD:S) has to do with it too. Redoing them with smaller emission rates and using the CS:razz:romod mod (built over CS:S) would fix it.
    • Blackmesa Remix: Name collisions. I already fixed it, but I have to change a few things in the map, as well as Cisne, before releasing a new version.
    • Parking: Too many particles emitted, as with Exorath. I don't know what editor does LeGrem use, but I'm sure, as most mappers do, he'll use one that is probably more up-to-date than CS:S (or Promod's as CS:S' editor won't load)
    • Paranoid: On the same boat as Exorath and Parking.
    I would still like to check if more maps cause it/how is it caused. I have noticed the amount of clients is also terribly important, as if a server has less than... 45 connected clients, it is less likely to bug.

I have to say again blaming Valve only is wrong IMO. Not that it's not their fault, but mappers (myself included, because of blackmesa remix) have played a big part on this.
    • Agree Agree x 1