Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dharkk

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Acehigh, Apr 30, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 14, 2011

I have a issues with dharkk with disrespecting, unnecessary censorship and telling me to leave pf in a nut shell.

As most of you know since my reformat I have only got one place for CSS now which is PF by choice as I only feel loved and I really enjoy mapping and working with you all, when I tested the my map on the pf server the other day I felt Alive and watching them playing the map was a blast, so many people was talking about it,

even keamon came on the mg server.

Background

**********************************************************************************
    http://plaguefest.com/threads/ghosts-mapping-tutorials.10313/

Ghost was once a fan of mine in a CSS community called csg, he played my maps and wanted to start mapping, bugging me with 10 - 12 question a day, I even spending hours with him on teamspeak ( which I don't mind) iv helped a lot of mappers in my time. ProfessorOak, sg_Paul and more others.

After a while he made 1 - 2 maps with a very low successes rate, but claiming he was far past mapper at my level of skill and even better then most known mapper, reviewing maps on game banana and trying to act like he's a well known mapper, very big headed. When we started to ask proof of this level of skill he panicked.

He started stealing over people's work mostly mine and was banned from the community finally for decompile of a whole map and stealing a good 90% of it, it was removed on game banana the next day after we contacted them,

some weeks go by and ghost contacts me on steam asking what IM doing and what community IM in, I told him about this magic place called PF which loves its mappers, after my reformat I stopped mapping and only just back in.

From what I know ghost is a stealing ego big head liar who will worm he's way to win people over, not to be trusted.

( p.s I don't care if you believe this or what ever its all in the past now but I want you to know where im coming from.)

**********************************************************************************

Ghost has made he's own you tube channel, I posted my view on it, called a asshole attacker and I should love pf

dharkk

Sent a pm saying

I did not do any of them, I voiced my option on the matter in constructive criticism, when he removed all my post's I said I warn him to put them back on, so I could of said any thing there tbh.
    I did not go out of my way to attack or troll him. The 1st post to show my point and the rest was to defend my self with the flame.

I feel extremely disrespected by dharkk I worked very hard on this map to bring it out just for you, only to be told to go away, with no warning no checking my side of the coin he shuts down all posts on that topic and tells me to leave.

Very pissed and sad I looked around to find this,

Ghost says that all of the money he make's from adsence will go to you guys, I call bullshit on that. Even if nothing is done with this Ghost is not to be trusted at all.

With this in mind i felt i had to post my view before he cons you and makes a fool of you.

Sorry for wall of text......

Love

Acehigh
  2. Aug 2, 2010
    A point in the right direction as to where he removed all your posts would be helpful.
  3. Apr 14, 2011
    just edited now very sorry. god my typing is bad today
  4. Oct 29, 2010
    The problem here is, your criticism was not constructive in the slightest, it was outright bashing and quite harsh. Your problem here is not with Dharkk, any LSA+ who would have seen those posts would have done the same, Dharkk just got there first.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Just summarizing my thoughts as Acehigh asked. What was posted is horrible, and I completely support the deletion. Ace, you're welcome to contribute to the thread. You can't shit on the author just because it's been done before, or you've had past beef. If it's something current, and has triggered an event, go for it, shit away but be mindful when doing so. If he wants to post helpful videos, that's fine. You're more then welcome to do the same. If you're after the posted content, I can recover it for you and repost here.

Thanks!
    • Jul 1, 2010
      What Ghost did in his past doesn't really concern me. The issue was that you decided to take a perfectly legitimate thread and turn it in to a bashing contest.

I didn't tell you to leave pF. I told you to not flame on here and if you wanted to do it you could do it elsewhere. Nowhere did I say that you couldn't post anything on pF whatsoever. If this was unclear I apologize.

I don't like the fact that you decided you would basically "warn" me in a threatening manner either.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Well, I talked to Acehigh in Mumble before he posted this and I thought he at least had some legitimate points and concerns.

I don't disagree with the posts being removed since they were worded kinda meanly. However there was some legitimate constructive criticism in there if you got past the meanly-worded parts. He obviously spent a lot of time on that 2nd posts digging up all that info on tutorials and all that.

Dharkk I don't think you were wrong to remove his posts but you exuded an air of supremacy when you said "Really? Warning me?" Kinda gives off an "untouchable" vibe if ya know what I mean. I seriously doubt he was threatening you in any way...he just didn't want his posts to keep getting removed. Also, the "take it somewhere else entirely" can easily be misconstrued as "get off our forums and don't come back".

Ultimately it could have been handled better on both ends. Ace - when you give constructive criticism, try not to lace it with insults since that takes away the constructive part. Dharkk, you coulda been a little bit more professional as the moderator cleaning up the thread.

/2cents
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Response to XenForo's template warning PM
      Response in the thread

I see nothing but fault on AceHigh. There's clearly an issue here, and it isn't with Dharkk.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Maybe I am being biased or not reading the posts the same way you guys were. Obviously Dharkk wouldn't have had to do what he did if Ace hadn't posted mean stuff.

EDIT: Just to add a contrasting example: Where were all the post deletions / "go away" statements all the times that Sajak and others tore apart Register Mario's maps? I've seen many extremely rude things, very similar to what Acehigh posted, to the effect of "Don't add Mario to your friends list for mapping advice...add me and I will teach you how not to make shitty maps like zm_appartment_v2" (paraphrased from memory).

Just sayin'.
    • Jul 1, 2010
      It's pretty obvious in the above post, not only from the PM response, but from what he put in the thread, that that was exactly what he was doing. In no way does that even hint at a vibe of "un-touchability".

And if there was a request for a removal (which there as in this case), I would have done those as well if they were derailing the thread or turning it in to a bashing contest. Just because I didn't delete something or didn't see something, doesn't mean it shouldn't have occurred.
      Dharkk, Apr 30, 2012 Last edited by Dharkk, Apr 30, 2012
    • Jul 14, 2010
      I think Dharkk is fine, Acehigh's second post had a lot of great tutorial and thought put into it but it was still disrespectful along with his other ones. Warning someone for deleting your post is not a very good move either as it is threatening and just not needed. I know that you have experience with ghost's bad path so it might be hard to look past, (obviously we weren't* aware of anything of that past and he's done nothing wrong in our community). So, I think you should try to be more respectful because you are coming off in a bad manner here, I still think you are a very respectable person though and I am sure what he had done would put a very large cloud of disgust when you see his stuff. I think we can heed your advice about Ghost and be mindful, however, It is his channel and I think it's his choice really whether he would want to donate the money or not. I guess another thing though is he could just tell people to donate directly to plaguefest instead of a type of off website account, so that could be kind of sketchy, but not really a big deal imo.
      I have a decent friendship with Ghost, and you've always made some of my favorite maps and you are a great addition to the community and hope we can move past this :frown:

In the end I can see where you are coming from, but the flaming really showed in the thread and wasn't good for public eyes.
    • Apr 14, 2011
      I have huge respect for kyle and other members on here, i really disargee with every one here, if you cant post any thing negative in a topic on a forum room that is based on discussion and sharing ideas

Posted that its been done 1000x times before and in less he has some kind of unquie skill to offer there no place for him, never did i "bash" him.

Really big headed to do this.

Its like if you dharkk started to play golf because you saw tiger wood do it even tho you never playing a game in your life, you then play 2 games of golf and YOU WIN great right
      so you then go off and make a you tube channel about your self making how to guilde for pro golfers and claim that your also better then tiger woods. would you say thats big headed ?

thats the same deal here,

its clear that you all feel the same about the topic and that really upsets me.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      I was just conjecturing based on the way the posts, both Dharkk's and Acehigh's, came off to me after a cursory reading.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      You are coming off really big headed here if you ask me, who do you think you are to tell someone they have to bring something new to the table just to offer some help with something?
    • Apr 9, 2007
      You're not posting something negative. You're saying he's a shit mapper and is wasting his time. Besides hitting Post Reply, any action afterwards left the constructive domain and turned into bashing.

What was posted has nothing to do with the topic, and for that I can't stand.

Thanks.

Why didn't you delete said posts when you viewed them? That's horrible.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      :O I will from now on. I guess I wasn't clear about mean / rude things being unacceptable even if they aren't explicitly profane / derogatory. I see a lot of rudeness from members > other members on a regular basis, I suppose I need to be more diligent (and less dillingerent) about moderating it.
    • Apr 14, 2011
      maybe the same guys who stole a Alot of my stuff. my POINT in this was to say ghost its a dumb idea give up thats it. what i do care about is people bashing me for saying my view. ok you dont know him and you cant hold hes background on him. my goal here is not to get ghost to bring down hes you tube. i dont really care. my goal here is to say that removing my posts and telling me to basicly fuck off, its hurtfull to me. and he should say sorry for acting this way

how is that big headed ? have i gone off and made a you tube channel about my self helping others,, no have i claimed that im one of the best mappers of the world. no do i go around stealing people hard worked maps and ego shout out I MADE THIS MAP... NO I DONT how the hell can you say that im big headed at all. suro i get a nice ego boost when people enjoy my map but thats like that for every thing people make.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Well, if they're attacking members, by all means intervene. It's not always required, but Mario seems to be rather young.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Re-reading the deleted posts, I can't fathom how you can even think for a second what you did was okay.

I'll be locking this shortly.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.