Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dirtbag's Dirty Maps

Discussion in Mapper Portfolios started by Dirtbag, May 21, 2011

1. May 15, 2011
    Dirtbag, May 21, 2011 Last edited by Dirtbag, Apr 25, 2013
  2. Jan 30, 2011
    I thoroughly enjoyed both of those maps, quite fun and would provide interesting gameplay.
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    they look pretty cool, keep up the good work bro. i enjoyed them as well as mysticle did lol.
  4. Mar 7, 2009
  5. Apr 14, 2011
    hey there. nice work but since ur going to be making more maps soon i give toy a tip, when you upload to gamebannan its very importent that you spend 10 - 20 mins more on the images and about the map.
    the reason why is that alot of people dont know you and you want people to download the map, so it needs to look good and have as much info as the player/server tech needs to put it on the server. hes what you could use

ie

how you came up with the idea for a redo

what you changed from the older to newer

what you plan to work on next

how long u worked on it

saying thanks for love bah bah.

the sceenshots could be done alot better when taking them go in to console type sv_cheats 1 cl_nohud 1 i cant remember if its cl_nohub but its some thing like that. the sceenshots look alot better with out hp/ammo/weapons on them. try to jazz them up a bit as well.

people download rate comment and play ur maps alot more if you do a good job on game bannana

if you need any help pm on here
  6. May 15, 2011

Yes I'm quite aware of my simplicity as I am merely doing this for the Plague Fest community. If others wish to try out my maps that's great. I'm only using Banana as a means to upload. Cause it looks pretty. :3

So thank you Ace, and thank you everyone else for your kind generosity's. :lol:

And I use cl_drawhud 0, don't remember why I wasn't using cl_nohud 1, thanks.

Edit: Oh ya. Cause cl_nohud 1 doesn't work. :frown:

cl_drawhud 0 and impulse 200 work.
  7. Aug 8, 2010

I wanted to point out that gamebanana.com is a great site but if you are looking for an upload means you should use something like megamanager from mega upload. It is far more efficient. Gamebanana map upload process is teh GHEY and major time waster. Just fyi especially if you are just mapping for pf.
    Chodda
  8. Feb 21, 2007

I've already got the dirty_lila added to the lila PF server

I will upload the other map and test it out on the PF servers in a few mins, if any one is around ^^

Also, thanks for providing the maps, we are always happy and grateful to see mappers :smile:
  9. May 15, 2011
    lol. Yes Banana takes quite awhile but I love it because it's so little effort for me. (Plus I've been using it for however long now.)
    It usually takes less than a minute to upload the pictures and .zip and maybe two more too fill in the descriptions.

Any who, I'll look into mega and try using that for future projects. Thanks.

Thanks! :grin: Glad I could be of assistance!
  10. Jul 14, 2010
    Your dirty lila panic map is on right now, Very nice. Sweet lighting too.
  11. Feb 23, 2011
    Hey Dirtbag, I just played Dirty Panic on 24/7 Lila Panic server and enjoyed it a lot.
    Its a awesome change to the regular lila panic maps, very refreshing also maintaining the whole panic theme. Good Job[IMG] . Kudos
    I like that you have added a lot of cadeable rooms with lots of extra vendys around.

May be you can put more lights in some of the darker areas, to make the visibly better. (just my 2 cents). Also I saw people camping one crouch spot (The one with the crouch jump window), I m not too sure if there is another entry to this at this moment.

But to sum it up, beautiful work. Keep it up. [IMG]
  12. May 15, 2011
    Yes I removed all the illegal spots I was told too so that's done, unless there's more...

And about the lighting... Well I'll make a poll. So nvm.

And thanks. :razz:
  13. Feb 23, 2011
    Hey dont get me wrong, I like the the over all lighting, just a few places here and there u know.
  14. Oct 10, 2010

i see only red and blue

lila panic dont means you forced using this textures only...
  15. May 15, 2011
    I know, and zm_lila_panic_d_pf is centered around more how it looks and the mood it delivers than the modifications. zm_dirty_panic is suppose to be centered around the gameplay, not how it looks, that's why the lighting was just quickly thrown together. Thanks for your concern :razz:

I don't mean by the poll I will make it pitch black or bright white. I just mean brighter (More lighting) or darker (Relatively the same lighting)
  16. May 15, 2011

Removed the illegal spots and did some stuff for the community.
  17. Sep 6, 2010
    I played today on zm_dirty_panic and I like it. Its a great map :thumbsup:
  18. Jan 30, 2011
    That version of Dirty Panic is outdated, the new one should be put on the server. IMO it is better, no illegal spots.
  19. May 15, 2011
    Maybe a little bump so maybe someone could check the top? Please?
  20. May 15, 2011
    Instead of creating a new topic I'll just post in here. Now...

Someone edited Dirty Panic that wasn't me. That's great. I have no problem with that.

The problem is the edit didn't add ANYTHING to the production of the map. It only took away.

Now Dirty Panic has even worse lighting than it had to start with. Sad face.

So please. Next time. Do a proper job of editing a map.

And no, you don't have to tell me you did it, just do a good job.

I'll be re-uploading V3.0 then with fixes for the lighting that I never got around too.

If you don't know how to map. Don't attempt too.

Regards,

A sack of Dirt