Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

disable 1 key chooser thingy

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by XeroX13, Jan 23, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 11, 2011
    Yo whats good, well i had this on my chest for a while now, and i was just wondering if it would be a good idea... or not idk

but on the ZM a lot of people are always complaining that the map sucks and stuff like that, and the reason why is b.c they didn't even look at what map they were choosing!

They're always just spamming 1 and not looking at what map they like.

So that's why i just wanted to see if it would be a good idea to disable the 1 key map chooser thingy. lol

1.disable
    2. (map name)
    3. (map name)
    4. (map name)
    5. (map name)
    6. (map name)
    7. (map name)
    8. (extend map)

so do u guys think its a good idea?
  2. Mar 20, 2011
    This has been discussed countless times, and it's not gonna happen.
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    Spam 2, fail. This has been suggested before and has been dis-proven as a solution. Some other ideas included having 1 randomly select a vote, cancel the vote, etc. But I don't remember what happened. I don't think the 1 spam is big an issue as it seems. Most admins/donators nominate populate maps for 1 all the time now and people do pick over 1, especially on ZE.
  4. Oct 11, 2011
    oh ight, my bad, didn't know u guys discussed this already, nvm haha
  5. Jul 14, 2010
    http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/8925-randomize-map-voting-numbers/page__p__107389__hl__votes__fromsearch__1#entry107389

If you're looking for previous discussions. Search too and there probably is more lol.

No one better necro that thread either :razz:
  6. Oct 29, 2010
    Or nominate Dust Escape as first choice (my favorite pasttime), then witness all the 1-spammers sink the entire battleship to its doom. . .
  7. Oct 11, 2011
    oh yea true i see, haha my bad thanks penguin
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    Well, I don't think it'd really be worth it, I used to complain about it before, but I honestly just ignore it now. Since I'm usually on ZE, #1 isn't always the map chosen.

Impossible to do now because Ray took a dump on the map :tongue:
  9. Oct 29, 2010
  10. Oct 29, 2010
    It most certainly has not been dis-proven. 1 spammer would still spam 1 and their votes would not get counted, I've seen this at work on servers I've played on in the past with no problems.
  11. Jul 4, 2011
    As everyone has said now, this has already been discussed a couple of times. Disabling vote number "1" won't do much, they'll just start spamming 2. What I think would be a great addition is to have the map list randomized for each person, so for example player number 1 won't have the same map order as player number 2 when voting.
  12. Dec 6, 2011
    Wow this is a great idea but it also sounds like it'd be too much of a pain to do. I support this 100% if it can go through. Any thoughts on the difficulty of getting this to work?
  13. Feb 18, 2011
    Pretty sure it isn't possible. I think it would require recoding of SM which is a big nope. Ask Kyle cause I might be wrong.
  14. Jul 4, 2011
    It is possible, I've seen it on other servers.
  15. Dec 6, 2011
    I was doubting it myself so no worries lol, but I would love to see it if it's possible and not extremely time wasting. It would change the way map choosing would work. The maps chosen would ACTUALLY be the map everyone wants to play, and not just rollermine trolled at #1 nomination spot (meeko *cough cough* =P).
  16. Dec 7, 2010
    I've seen the #1 option disabled and all it does it force people to spam #2, so it does not work as far as I am aware.

Please read the dozens of other related posts on this subject and if there is something that has not been covered please feel free to create a post to discuss it.
  17. Feb 18, 2011
    Really? Lets make sure we are on the same page. You have seen servers that use a random voting system where ze_gaymap_v1 appears as the first option for you and ze_penis_v1337 appears the first option for me? Which servers?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.