Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Disable anti-bhop plugin on ze_surf_facility_v3?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by dillinger, May 13, 2012

1. Feb 1, 2011
    Hi, so I had this idea and wanted to see if anyone thinks it'd be a good thing.

On ze_surf_facility_v3, a lot of people use the technique of jumping on the booster arrows to get a lil speed boost. You jump once, and if you time it right, it will fling you out a lil faster. Legitimate tactic IMO and one that I like to try to use.

The only problem is that with the admin skins, the additional jump combined with the increase in velocity often results in the anti-bhop plugin kicking in. This frequently results in it stopping you dead in the air, and then you fall off the surf and get teleported back into the zombies.

So, if it's possible, I thought it'd be cool if it could be disabled just for that map. From what I can tell, there aren't really any instances in the map where bhopping would be beneficial since its mostly close quarters hold points once you finish the surf.

Let me know what you think!
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Feb 18, 2011
    • Mar 19, 2011
      Yeah I always felt something was weird, I would constantly fail the boost where everyone was trying to get to the 4 unreachable spots. I think that's the biggest boost fail out of them all, not sure how LSA jump is, probably even worse. Anyway I am all for this, gets frustrating losing out on spots just because of boost fail and dieing at times
    • Feb 11, 2012
      This same problem exist on paranoid in long black corridor..non-donators can pass it faster than donators :/
      But about surf i see neutral pushback as zombie with sv_airaccelerate 100 bigger problem..Zombies can basically win last part 100% just by spamming jump no pushback :neutral:
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Same goes for Death Star escape, can't get the lightsabers with an anti-bhop plugin in place.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Jan 28, 2012
        I was wondering why this kept happening. I agree it should be disabled.
      • Jul 1, 2010
        I'd have to agree with this... I've experienced it multiple times myself and it's rather annoying.
      • Feb 21, 2007
        how much of the map is non-surfing? i dont recall exactly how much
      • May 14, 2011
        There are 4 hold spot with surf in-between. I would say 10% is non-surf.
      • Nov 16, 2011
      • Dec 6, 2011
        I'm cool with disabling it, 1-up. (I didn't even know it was the bhop that was causing it, thanks for bringing it up @dillinger :thumbsup:)

So picky =P But yes, that would be nice. The only thing this would conflict with is the fact that Deathstar is already extremely easy, and you know it Tomo. I personally would like to use the sabers for fun, but thinking for the community, this will just make this easy map even easier to beat.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 1, 2012
          [USER]SubDelt@[/USER] got the lightsaber once and he got it when he was using a donator skin.
        • Feb 18, 2011
        • Oct 17, 2011
          Thats why I kept fucking dying when I joined and played this map. I agree with dilli.
        • Feb 1, 2011
          Bump. This idea seemed to get a pretty good response. @Kyle I was wondering if this would be possible sometime in the distant future
        • Apr 9, 2007
          How far into the future would you prefer?
        • Feb 1, 2011
          Something not requiring a time machine would be awesome :razz:
        • Jan 21, 2011
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • May 31, 2012