Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Disabling music that is threated as audio? Youtube copyright issues

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by JorisCeoen, Dec 17, 2013

1. Apr 9, 2012
    Hello everyone,

Ever since Youtube has been more severe due to their new guidelines since 3 december, I'm getting more and more claims on my videos from companies that have licenses on all of the copyrighted audio tracks that is numerously present in all of the ZE maps.

For instance all my Mako/Predator/Pirates/POTC/... videos are all one by one getting claimed by UMG and other companies (rightful companies, not physing companies as I dealt with all of them in the past) and therefor I'm losing income on those videos. I do particularly care about the income in fact, and I would in the future try to prevent these annoying claims by disabling the music in those maps.

Now I know that the most recent maps usually have gotten aware of the # trick to make any sound music so that we can manually disable it in the option from CSS.

Of course, there are still maps lingering around that still have music that is threated as sound. I will cease to record these as long as I cannot remove/mute the music in the options. Therefor, I would like to ask if someone knows a way to mute/replace these audio tracks manually without disabling all of the other sounds?

My guess would be using entspy or something to extract the sounds in question and re-export them with total silence and then place them in the folders in my cstrike map so it would replace them. My question however is, what gets priority, content in the bsp filesize or the ones I put in my folders?
  2. Jan 30, 2013
    IIRC bsp gets priority. That, and I Just tried replacing a song from mako/pred and it didn't work. Perhaps a stopmusic plugin would be best for this anyway, since that effect Transfers over if doing a demo recording, and saves the trouble of having to find/replace files.
  3. Jan 11, 2011
    As you already know, for many of the new maps you could just go to the Source Audio Options and turn Music down to 0.
    But if it will force you to play not hearing those musics (and you may prefer hearing them) and it doesn't work on every map (since the map maker has to think about adding the # in front of every music).

However, this you may not know: some servers use a plugin to add (without changing the .BSP, is not like EntSpy) the "#" to musics on map that don't have them so they get threaten as such and you can turn them off with the Audio/Music bar.
    Not sure how common this plugin may be, but I'm pretty sure (from what I got told, haven't checked myself) that i3D does so.
  4. Mar 20, 2012
    When I edit with entspy a # infront of the songs. (makov3_1)
    They just dont play at all. Why?
  5. Mar 30, 2013
    snd_restart ? I think it disable the current music played
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Apr 9, 2012
      snd_restart stops like each and every sound as well on the moment, so that's pretty akward on many maps in fact... Anyways I'll just use it and see how it turns out when recording.
      Would be using entspy and putting those # in front of them let me play the map or will the server say something like 'Your map version differs from the one on the server"?
    • Nov 17, 2012
      This content shit... How are people meant to make vids? Have no Audio?
      Like all my vids been Copyrighted lelel.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Yeah it's really dumb.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk