Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

discrimination

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Jehovah, Jun 22, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 17, 2011
    why is it that people are allowed to say "faggot" and bash on gays in the server. i thought there was supposed to be no discrimination but no one gives a fuck when people say something that's discriminatory towards homosexuals. i'm just sayin i think it shouldn't be allowed just like all the other terms
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/5243-the-word-faggot/page__p__61145__hl__faggot__fromsearch__1#entry61145

quote brian: This AGAIN?! Fucking hell, how hard is it to understand that the use of the word is all about CONTEXT. If it is used in a demeaning and hateful way then of course it's against the rules, but if you call someone a faggot because they broke your cade... come on...

Future reference: try searching before making a new thread :thumbsup:
  3. Jun 17, 2011
    people are OBVIOUSLY using it to call eachother gay. also why is this word different than any other discriminatory term? you can't use the n word or "jew" or anything in ANY context.
  4. Jul 14, 2010
    If they are bashing on gays, it is against the rules, if someone breaks someones barricade and that person calls them a faggot, that is not being used to discriminate on gay people.
  5. Jun 17, 2011
    the reason i'm asking is because this guy has his name as "i'm a faggot" and keeps saying it in chat and making gay jokes. am i allowed to make him change his name or anything or do i just ignore it
  6. Jul 14, 2010
    Well if he is spamming/making gay jokes you could warn him to shut up and if he continues, mute him. His name, you cannot really do anything about that.
  7. Jun 17, 2011
    aight cool
  8. Apr 13, 2011
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=faggot

In these times not really used if somebody is really a homosexual mostly used insteap of calling somebody stupid or a loser.
    Ralph: Chris hasn't been answering his phone.
    John: Yeah, he is probably hanging out with those other kids thats why.
    Ralph: He is such a faggot.
    John: Yeah him and his faggot friends.

Honestly faggot isn't used to discriminate against gays anymore. Again like penguin said, context is everything.

If you want a better illustration of this go watch the south park episode about the word faggot. They do the best job of describing it.
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    faggot is also a bit different than the others cause of the internet / gaming culture surrounding the word... it's like when someone says "oh that's gay" - they aren't trying to be hateful toward homosexuals or the like, it's just worked it's way into the common vernacular. :confused:

As penguin said, gay jokes are treated the same as racial / discriminatory jokes.

:locked:
  10. Sep 14, 2008
    Sorry I needed to reply to this as well because I've been giving im a faggot hell for spamming im a faggot every 2 seconds. If he keeps doing it ban him for about 4 hours. He's been warned several times, kicked and banned for that.
  11. Jun 4, 2006
    If he's been a problem before ban the asshole for a week. Players like that do not deserve to play here.
  12. Sep 14, 2008
    Yeah...he's been like this for awhile now. I've banned him a few times for spamming and being a general douche.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.