Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Disney World Tips

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Nena, Feb 12, 2013

1. Oct 8, 2009
    My family is planning a vacation this summer to go to Florida and visit Disney World. This will be our first time as a family to go down there and I was wondering if any of you lovely plaguefesters could give me tips or anything helpful for us to save money!! We are planning on going in the summer, most likely towards the end of summer and there is at least 13 of us going, one of which will be 1 years old come june. I am also looking online and finding tips from bloggers, but I was hoping that I would hear from any of you peeps. Thanks!
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    My family is going to Orlando, FL this summer also, would be curious to know some tips I can hand to them. I think I'm still going to save up for my trip to Brazil. Boo yah! :zombiekiller:
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Aug 18, 2006
      I was at Disney Land this time last year... The ticket is the most expensive thing, but gifts from the gift shops are pretty pricey as is the food... Grab a snack before you get there, and unless you really don't want a souvenir, don't go by the gift shops to prevent impulse buying... I got a red disneyland hoodie there for $50 (I think).
    • Apr 1, 2012
      find Phineas and Ferb in the tri state area
      they know what to do

wait, they're Disney owned too.. fuck!
    • Oct 8, 2009
      we don't plan on going through the whole park b/c we also want to see florida and the beaches. any one have any suggestions for us in florida besides disney world?
    • Dec 6, 2011
      St. Pete Beach in St. Petersburg, just southwest of Tampa. Went twice, will go many more times.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Food and water is hella expensive there. Freeze some waterbottles for the park and re-use them to fill water with throughout the day. Better than paying upwards of $20 for water through your stay.

Bring snacks and eat something light before you go, even if you don't want to. You might get hungry later.

If you plan on staying all day or until late, bring a light jacket or a sweater. I don't know how hot/cold it gets but at least you won't freeze.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      We might go to Florida Walt Disney too this summer. My oncle told me to keep all your heart strong and not get scared because the roller coasters are going to kill me.
    • Oct 8, 2009
      Well we talked some more last night, and instead of going in the summer, we're gonna wait until december especially because the plane tickets would be cheaper!! I've got some tips from my friends and my parents got tips too. We're trying to find vacation homes to rent and things to do other than going to Disney World. We've talked about going deep sea fishing but from what we've briefly looked at it's EXPENSIVE! I would love to go scuba diving, or snorkeling. We want to go to the beach also. If only we could do all these things in a week! But we can't spend too much because we don't have much :\ Any tips on how to save money on renting homes, renting cars, disney world tips, any great free public attractions that we could go to, places with GREAT views.

We have about 9 adults, and 7 kids ranging from 1-14.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      It is, but it's fun. Especially if you catch something big enough to take home. I had fried rockfish from what i caught last time i went. Was amazing. Being on the east coast you can probably get better (and better tasting) fish than over here in the west
    • Aug 25, 2009
      I went to Orlando Florida in May of last year. Orlando Studios was extremely fun I highly recommend it. Disney World tips, if your going in the summer, bring lots of water cause your gonna be walking for a longgggg time. There is just too much to do at Disney World to accomplish your goal in seeing the entire park in one day. Disney World is like the mafia (No Joke). Now beaches in Florida are amazing. I went to Clear Water Beach (Very Fancy Area, Warm Water), Daytona Beach (Beautiful and a whole lot of people, the waves are excellent, and I enjoyed surfing and skimboarding there through out the summer, water is not as warm as Clear Waters but still warm.), Cocoa Beach, just an hour away from Orlando (This is where the Surf competitions take place, i.e. Quiksilver and Billabong, very nice beach, this is where I saw a guy parachuting around the beach, lost control, and ended up somewhere far out there in the ocean) Sanibel Island (It was okay, seashells all over the place, screwed up my skimboard and its a great way to stay in shape)
    • Oct 8, 2009
      thanks guys, i'll keep you all posted on what we plan on doing for more tips. ;p
    • Nov 11, 2011
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I don't know if anyone mentioned the beach. But being from Wisconsin I had never been to one before. We went to Daytona beach. It was a lot of fun too lol.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    • Oct 8, 2009
    • Jul 8, 2012
    • Oct 8, 2009
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I'm about an hour southwest of Madison. T'is a small world.

Back on topic, have fun on your trip!
    • Oct 8, 2009
      If anyone still cares and is paying attention...this is what's happening...

Plane tickets are bought and we are heading down to Florida September 14 and coming back home September 21, so 6 days to have fun in the sun.
      We've got 19 people total, 2 of them will only be 1 years old, 5 of them are only in elementary, 4 of us are single adults, 6 parents and then the 2 seniors.

We plan on going to Walt Disney World for 2 days (one day in Magic Kingdom and the other day in Animal Kingdom).
      **Some of us older kids might skip Animal Kingdom and go to Universal Studios instead b/c we are nerds and want to see Harry's world or maybe we'll all go together on a different day

The rest of the days we want to go to beaches and do some other fun things in Florida.

I know I want to try flyboarding, my mom wants to visit a orchard where we can pick our own fruits or what-not and my aunt wants to maybe catch a glimpse of sea turtle nesting/hatching.

We are trying not to spend too much because we already are and we're not rich so something that doesn't take much $$.
      We have rented a 7 bedroom vacation home with a pool and a game room so we won't be bored late at nights and we can cook our own meals.

So if any of you who live in Florida or have been to Florida could help give tips or ideas on what we can do as a family, please please PLEASE let me know
      Something kid friendly and handicap friendly as well. :grin:

Much appreciated to any and all of you!
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Tip #1: Never buy water from Disney World or any theme parks. They make more money by selling you a bottle than you make an hour working at a job.
        • Informative Informative x 1