Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

DJ income spending advice?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by tqt58, Nov 7, 2011

1. Jul 27, 2011
    Hey guys,

For all you DJ's and music fanatics, this question is pointed towards you.

So, I've began DJ' ing recently as a hobby, aside from work, and I've made some cash.

I have about 1300 dollars to spend on powered speakers / turntables.

For the turntables I was looking at the Numark NS7's.

But I have no clue about the speakers tbh :razz:
    So I'd like opinions on what speakers to get.

My current equipment:

+2 Harbinger HA60 PA systems.
    +1 Bose power amp
    +2 Sony Sourround speakers
    +1 Bose subwoofer

I also may get a controller to use.

2. Jun 4, 2006
    I think Obama on here does live sound, he'd probably know a thing or two about loud speakers, but I haven't seen him active recently... :confused:

You might want to try GearSlutz forums or similar... far better chance of striking a few good leads there.
  3. Sep 22, 2010
    Gotta say man, that's pricey stuff. But man, that looks nice.
  4. Jun 23, 2010
    From DJ events, party and shit I go to in Vegas, a lot of them would say start off somewhere cheap (Cheap, but quality product that is) and work your way up. No point of getting a really expensive DJ equipment, but got little to no skill on using the equipment/DJ. So start off with a cheap(Low budget, quality equipment) and work your way up (Saving money, learning more about the settings, adding drops, etc.) I play around with DJ equipment too (From software to actually equipment w/Software.)

If you need any help, feel free to ask :grin: Good luck and have fun being a DJ!