Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Do Something About Mako AWPers

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by ninjablooper, Mar 20, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 14, 2011
    We ban people for spamming materias and purposely getting infected to infect nearby. How is this any different? People on Mako constantly buy AWPs for some odd reason just to troll us. If you are using an AWP on Extreme 2 against Bahamut, you just lost the round for everyone. Buying an AWP on that map is just trolling. I think we should warn AWPers via a kick, then an hour ban the second time they buy one. It is unfair to those of us who daydream about one day being able to beat Extreme 2 on Plaguefest. The entire community is against these AWPers, we really need to take action. Who agrees?
  2. Feb 11, 2012
    Sure kick imo if they do it in purpose, but i think according to rules can't really do anything about it
  3. Vigdís The Old Wolf
    This message by Vigdís The Old Wolf has been removed from public view. Deleted by Sir HIV Thee Positive, Mar 20, 2012, Reason: forgot to edit.
    Mar 20, 2012
  4. Aug 5, 2010
    Like i said before in the other thread not much to do about them.
    If thats their weapon of choice then suck it up and continue playing because your complaining feeds "them".
  5. Aug 1, 2011
    You cannot condemn someone for picking a weapon. That's that. And I am sure us admins do not want to sit there and look out for awpers, warning them as such. It's unnessasary. Deal with it.
  6. Dec 6, 2011
    With That Guy and HIV here, but it can get annoying. Just don't say anything, they're little kids begging for attention. The more you complain about it, the happier/more special they feel.
  7. Jul 14, 2010
    How do you know they are purposely using them to troll? They do assist the team with their large knockback, but their weakness shows in boss fights. This is also like the 100th thread that will fail.
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    @PeNguiN what he means is that they talk about it in chat, etc. They think they're being "funny" when they do it. Sometimes at the boss fight they'll even go in front of everybody in shoot back at the humans with the AWP.
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    As previously discussed the proper fix for these map bugs is to allow for damage to the boss vs simply a number of hits. Just like with zombies its not the number of hits that dispatches them but the amount of damage thats done to them. Same goes for the materia bug, hopefully the map author will update the map to only allow the individual possessing the materia to use it.

Its just unfortunate to see people requesting new rules to be implemented to get around the map bugs.
  10. Jul 4, 2011
    That's the thing, it doesn't matter if they're getting it to troll or not, people with AWPs are a burden for the team because they add HP to the boss but do no damage to it (1 shot = 1 damage), everyone else has to make up for it. The Extreme 2 difficulty for example is impossible to beat if ~3+ people make it all the way there with an AWP.

I'm for restricting the AWP on this map, not only is it a bad weapon considering the knockback from a headshot doesn't do much at all since there are no ledges to boost the effect, but they make it so much harder than it already is.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I won't pretend this is my area of expertise but I'm with Tony. It doesn't seem like the awp brings to mako what it potentially brings to other maps, restrict it.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      If they're blatantly trolling, remove them.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Harvey said I cannot. Even if they *blatantly* do it.
      • May 11, 2011
        the trouble with this is it gets hard when more then one person is using a awp to tell who is trolling.
        this i think is a good idea awp has no real use on maps like mako and predator
      • Feb 1, 2011
        If that's really how it works (1 shot = 1 damage), then I can't really disagree with you that AWPs ought to be restricted on Mako. I think that's the best way to handle it - if it's only used to troll then the best option would be to edit the map config and just put it on restrict. I don't think we could effectively tell people to not use AWPs and punish them if they choose to do so, that's just dumb and brings in the potential for lots of interpretations and potential abuse.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Would it be possible to disable snipers/auto snipers (possibly shotty's as well....) on just a single map?
      • Oct 27, 2010
        The problem with this argument is that it can be extended to nearly every weapon. If you have something other than a P90 or M249 on Mako you could be said to be working against the entire team; where does the line get drawn?
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Oct 29, 2010
        • Feb 9, 2012

As for other guns besides p90,m249 etc. they're all okay by me. shotguns are also pretty useful along with the auto sniper. the damage they bring during a bossfight may not be perfectly great, but it is enough to make up for them being alive during boss round, so they're not totally inflating the boss' hp.

But as quietly yell says, people are on the mic going ''buy awps!'' or in chat doing that. they're purposely trying to grief others because they know we are not allowed to enforce a no weapon rule. they're getting around griefing by doing this and i believe we need to be able to enforce this rule on this map and predator as those 2 maps are greatly affected by these ''awpers''. yes awps bring great knockback to a defense, but so does an auto sniper. the auto sniper does it better also.

also since this thread has been brought up multiple times i believe it really should be taken into consideration. People are not just trolling and saying ''hey let's ban awp!''. They have brought their concerns to the forum because it really is a big deal, and it really does bother players who really want to try to win.
        • Oct 29, 2010
          This is a valid point, but you ask where the line gets drawn? I believe the awp is the line, as the scout is already restricted (still, I think?) As far as boss damage is concerned the awp does substantially less than any other gun. On a few maps I could see restricting it being a help, though it won't stop the trolling, all they have to do is buy the p90 and not shoot the boss, right?
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Nov 29, 2010

Sure the awp may be considered "useless" but people just want to have fun on a map, zombie mod was meant to be fun, it's not some MLG that we're competing for money. The mod itself isn't meant to be serious, of course punishing people for using the awp is going way over the top in terms of restrictions.

Also I've got the feeling of this snowballing into "If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll ask for a glass of milk". If we restrict awp, then players may start complaining about the usage of shotguns on the maps, or using pistols only.

Why not a compromise? Like add some CC effect with the awp or boost its damage so it's not so.. "underpowered". Like Tony Montana posted earlier something like a slowing effect on a headshot.

I believe the number one reason why the scout was restricted was because of the speed advantage it gives as a weapon little knockback and low damage and rate of fire
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.