Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Do you enjoy RTS games? (Real Time Strategy)

Discussion in Gaming started by MuffinFuhrer, Oct 15, 2011

1. Sep 26, 2010
    Well if you do :wub: this game genre like I do, you should pick up Supreme Commander 1/FA on steam...you can get them both for $10 :yes:

DO IT NOW

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11732/
  2. Apr 2, 2011
    Please do, this a really fun game, and muffin and I would like more people to join us... :thumbsup:
  3. Nov 29, 2010
    Tomorrow. I loved playing that game back then
  4. Sep 6, 2010
    Would get it but don't have enough time currently to play the game. Good to know its on sale though :thumbsup:
  5. May 15, 2011

I'm a simple minded person, that's kind of why I play CS:S. :/

If it's too difficult I wont even try it.

And so you know how simple minded I am, Halo Wars is bordering on too much multitasking for me.

Otherwise, I might.
  6. Jul 1, 2010
    I'll have to look in to it.. been playing RTS games since the Outpost days.
  7. Feb 20, 2011
    I love RTS games, Im terrible at them, but I like them :thumbsup:

Currently own Shogun 2: Total War. Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3. And Supreme Commander 2
  8. May 15, 2011
    Eh, sure. I'll be the nubcake. Count me in!
  9. Jun 17, 2011
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~! Bring it [IMG] thanks muffin [IMG]
  10. Oct 13, 2011
    Is it anything like WarCraft 3? If so, I'll get it.
  11. Jul 20, 2010
    I like RTS's but they've gotten way to easy >.> I played Supreme Commander when it first came out and was like really? I'm waiting for C&C Generals 2. In the mean time I'll play me some red alert 2 :grin:.
  12. Feb 18, 2011
    Badgriul be a man and play a real rts like Victoria 2.
  13. Jul 20, 2010
  14. Feb 18, 2011
    Not really. It is a more modern playing version of Europe Universalis.
  15. Jul 20, 2010
    I just looked up that game you said and meh. I'll stick to Total War if I want long games like that :grin:. I still play Medieval II Total War and all the expacs for it that I have. Now that's a long ass game that makes you have to deal with politics and other unforeseen things. Empire Total War is a bit better since its much bigger on the scale of what you can conquer. Shogun 2 Total War is meh at best really easy to kick ass at it. I need an RTS that's modern and doesn't really have that crappy rock, paper scissors thing going on with units. Even though Tom Clancy's End War had that I could still take out tanks with troop carriers tanks to how I played and have on map artillery support to bombard was nice :grin:.
  16. Sep 26, 2010
    I agree that supreme commander isn't like the Total War series but the simplicity allows for quicker gameplay, which is certainly more enjoyable against another person. You have to literally micromanage everything to ensure your survival and hopeful victory...basically you must balance gameplay and be able to quickly alter tactics. It's not too complex but there are numerous strategies you can choose from, and I love how the game throws you straight into the arena without much guidance. I mean hell lol the tutorial allows you to build whatever you want and there aren't any tips.

It comes down to getting a group of pF peeps together and competing on a different game :razz:
  17. Jul 20, 2010
    Its a fun game don't get me wrong but way to fucking easy to turtle in those games lol. I can build defenses in those games that nothing can get through. Overlapping defenses ftw, with mutual support. If you want a game that has Simplicity and has quick game play but yet fun try Tom Clancy's End War. I look it because it lets you do voice commands which is a lot faster than selecting units and then pointing where you want them to go or attack.
  18. Sep 26, 2010
    I'd have to disagree with that statement though :confused: You can build defenses and hold the computer at bay while building a massive experimental or army to send out and crush your foe, but this isn't true for a human opponent. Human ingenuity can and will outplay a computer when it comes to gaining victory since a computer will use cookie cutter tactics (especially true with multiple humans playing against one another). But then again, this is my opinion :razz:
  19. Jul 20, 2010
    Hehe I usually played online with red alert and generals and it was so damn easy. To just turtle and let them smash on my defenses, AI is easy doh lol even on the hardest mode and if you have all the AI against you. I wish I saved my replay from Generals, my teammate got over ran told him to fly his Chinook with a dozer to my base he can build in the corner and just build an air force. The two guys then came and met my defenses and got smashed I forced them to quit playing because after 2 hours they couldn't break through :grin:
  20. Jul 1, 2010
    Rushing is a good amount of an RTS game IMO, faster you attack the better the chances you have. Think I got to the point where I could speed rush in Zero Hour in about a minute and a half >.< Playing 2 v 6 AI with a friend on the highest setting helped me get to that point though, and there was a lot of head banging and anger in the process :razz: