Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dodgeball server

Discussion in Future Servers started by Bravo One, Feb 23, 2011

1. Feb 8, 2011
    I was in one of the two dodgeball clans before it went under. We still talk and i might be able to talk them into lending the scripts. It was the most popular dodgeball server, PWG, and everyone misses it. It would bring in a lot of people that dont play anything we have currently.
  2. Apr 9, 2007
  3. Feb 8, 2011
    Dodgeball there is maps that have been made by PWG and i can make them too. I made one in the past, so i think i can cook something up.
  4. Nov 2, 2010
    Sounds cool, I heard of PWG, I think I used to play on their servers. Back in the day... I can't remember what it stands for.

As for the server, this would definitely bring in a heap of people. More fun for Aussies like me cause we have a different time zone from ya..
  5. Apr 9, 2007
  6. Feb 1, 2010
    I never played dodgball. Anyone have IP of server with that mod?
  7. Sep 5, 2010
    css dodgeball, and id be down for this, db was hella fun

and google u probly played it on an mg multi game map, its were u throw nades that do 1 damage if they touch u and u have 1 health
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    Sounds like the rounds could get very long... with 2 players left... is it really just throwing nades that have to hit you? I remember this on 1.6 but I'm sure it's changed some-what by now...

I don't see how this server is going to retain players. Seems too specific of a game mode.
  9. Sep 5, 2010
    u think u could maybe add a dodgeball map or two to mg?
  10. Jan 12, 2011
    If this dodgeball idea is what I think it is, there is a hint of it on the Randomizer map on MG. I love this idea for dodgeball, but I'm with Punk in that there should be some full maps done on MG as a test before starting a unique server. As what to do with it so it doesn't become boring... I'm not sure. Good map design and fun gimmicks will obviously be important. Suggestions/ map links for some of us to try out?
  11. Sep 21, 2008
    or you can have a map with 2 teams at 100hp throwing grenades in a highschool gym type map setting. these were really fun back in the day imo
  12. Jan 12, 2011
    Sounds fun, but that's just grenade spam. That might get boring quickly without something interesting to go with it. At least that lends itself to other map ideas involving walls or speedpads that would just be annoying in the other form with 1 hp. Also, I think there need to be multiple pickup locations, otherwise people can spam the entrance like how they do on Randomizer :razz:
  13. Oct 22, 2010
    on cs 1.6 there was a HE nade dodgeball, that was pretty fun, idk maybe we could try that instead, rounds would go quite faster than with flashes
  14. Sep 21, 2008
    Can we add those he_ maps for the minigames? I might be able to search for em after my exams on monday
  15. Feb 8, 2011
    On my previous dodgelball server we had trails attached to flash bangs. Rounds usually only lasted about 2mins that being that there was 30 people in there. There were all kinds of maps but the most famous were swg court and iceworld dodgeball. We had a map with low gravity and 3 lvled buildins on each side. In low grav the flash bangs are like missles is sooo much fun.
  16. Jan 6, 2012
    As said in my intro thread, I apologies for reviving an old thread. That being said...

I was the third ranked admin, and top 5 ranked player of the dodgeball server you speak of Bravo One. If you played on either the PWG server, RR server, or the o-o server, you should know me. I think this is a great idea, making a dodgeball server. I actually know that Snake Eyes (one of the owners of PWG) is trying to recreate PWG. If you want, I could see if he would be interested in maybe coming here.
  17. Apr 9, 2007
    Are these maps or is it a plugin? I can probably do something cool if it's a plugin. I have ideas whirling in my head right now.
  18. Jan 6, 2012
    It is a mod. So it can be recreated if you have some ideas. I am not very good with these things so I cant be much help. :sweat:
  19. Nov 2, 2011
    Very interesting, i am down to give this a try too.
  20. Dec 6, 2011
    This sounds like it'd be confusing though lol. I've never played CS:S Dogdgeball :confused:

Although I support it because it seems quite fun and something new to throw into the mix.