Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Does anyones CS:S crash when the map changes?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Kagamine Rin, May 10, 2013

1. Feb 21, 2012
    cause it has been happening to me since CS:S went to the steampipe system i dont even know what is causing it to crash to the desktop
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    ye me2, its not only mapchange even disconnect makes it crash

but for some reason it doesnt crash anymore on every mapchange/disconnect, it happens more rarely now

still have to seach google for it, maybe theres an easy answer
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    Easiest Solution: Reinstall your game backing up any custom maps you've downloaded, or anything custom, then placing them back in your counter strike folder. But first ,after you put all your custom stuff back in after reinstalling, play the game a bit and see if it works fine without crashing. Then put your custom stuff back in and see if it continues to work. If it doesn't, something you have is making the game crash.
  4. Mar 5, 2013
    Wish I backed up everything before I re-installed :frown:
  5. Feb 27, 2012
  6. Feb 21, 2012
    i've been installing my custom stuff one by one and testing it, my game hasnt crashed following your advice so far.
  7. Feb 3, 2012
  8. Feb 27, 2012
    Because when steam did that whole file format re-organization with all of its older games (HL2, CSS, SiN Episodes) that would fall under your steamaps/USERNAME folder instead of steamapps/common, it broke a lot of things. The modifications were dependent on the previous file setup and format. And when it all changed over, A LOT of things broke. But it was for the better. As much as everyone bitches about it, it made counter strike load up significantly faster, fixed minor lag issues, and in general made the game perform better. The counter strike source file setup change to the current format was bound to happen eventually.
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    I've re-installed CS:S about three times for various reasons, but never encountered any problems. A fresh copy is usually the best course of action.