Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Does PlagueFest Is Requesting a new mappers

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by PhantomBlack, May 2, 2012

1. Mar 10, 2012
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • May 27, 2008
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Jul 19, 2011
        LOOOL. yes. and i want to be Captain America.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • May 17, 2011
          Start making maps. We have plenty of mappers in the community, and most would be more than willing to answer questions.
        • Nov 29, 2010
          Never too few mappers, I do however suggest you take advice from the senior mappers
        • Feb 24, 2011
          If you're completely new to mapping i'd suggest to look through some of these tutorials to learn the plain basics, as for some neater tricks aswell.
          http://www.tophattwaffle.com/?cat=19

Once you've learned the basics, give yourself a project. What do you want to create? Type it all down in a text document and edit it as you go along.
          If you run into any issues at all, feel free to ask any of the mappers here. Im sure all of us here would be glad to help.
          As i'm also certain we'd gladly loan out our training server for testing purposes. It's all fine.

That's pretty much it. Be patient, go the extra mile to create what you want and you'll get awesome results in the end.
          Good luck!
          • Friendly Friendly x 2
          • May 15, 2011
            • May 14, 2011
              If you just want to be a mapper, go ahead and download source sdk and watch the tutorials available online, beside that ask any other mappers as mentioned twice before, my steam id is in my sig, if your asking about having a mapper status, you need to prove that you are a mapper first.

Of course Plaguefest wants more mappers, the more, the merrier. You can also join the pF mappers group to find all our mappers' steam ids

That's it from me :grin:
            • Feb 14, 2012
              Ghost is working on some tutorials on his youtube channel that should be pretty helpful for new mappers as well.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Mar 16, 2008
                We're always looking for more mappers. Mappers create things that spawn ideas for other mappers. I would like to think we're the largest Zombiemod Community left and I've worked towards getting mappers who make ZM/ZE maps to join us. Doing so hopefully makes it easier for them to learn things and make their maps better.
                • Like Like x 2
                • Feb 11, 2012
                  Any new contest since CSGO one got canceled? :angel:
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Nov 11, 2011
                    Dr. Watson, no matter what anyone tells you, if you want to become a mapper, feel free to do so. I am sure players like @Luffaren, @Dirtbag, @GiGaBiTe, @FireWavezZ, @Jermaine [pF], @Tony Montana are all willing to help you out. It will take some time to create great maps but start with the basics and look at other maps and see how they are structured. Slowly but surely, you will learn and hopefully have your own map to add to PF's rotation :wink: Good luck, brother!
                    • Friendly Friendly x 2
                    • Feb 14, 2012
                      @Luffaren has helped many people here. He's a really good guy about it too. In the past he has even lent his stuff (boss AI) to other mappers to help them out.
                    • Jan 12, 2012
                    • Oct 17, 2011
                      And I want to be the president of Asia. Welcome Watson and trust me mapping gets really easy as you keep watching tuts and asking others.
                      • Funny Funny x 1
                      • Nov 11, 2011
                        Let's not overstep boundaries there mario :ROFL:
                        • Winner Winner x 1
                        • Mar 26, 2009
                          • Funny Funny x 1
                          • Aug 1, 2011
                            I'm already that guy...so I cans be mapper?

But really, all it takes is effort! Lots of mappers on here to help out. @Dirtbag and @Yahoo are helping me out with my first map, I am sure plenty will lend a hand!
                          • Feb 21, 2007
                            ask @sajak what to do, then do the opposite
                            • Funny Funny x 3
                            • Agree Agree x 1
                            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                            • Useful Useful x 1