Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Donate

Discussion in Help Desk started by Nitrogenix, Apr 28, 2014

1. Feb 25, 2014
    Can anyone check if my donator is gone trough, i got a sub with paypal but suddenly I don't have donator anymore, I still pay for it.
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    Is it done with an e-cheque? if so, it will probably take about 8 days. But wait for Brian, he'll know exactly what it is.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Oct 11, 2012
      I've seen this before on mine. It seems sometimes on the day your sub renews there is a small time lapse between paypal and the PF servers and PF will show as you not having an active sub. Give it 6-8 hours and it should kick in. Always has for me.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      It appears as though your donator subscription renewed 2 days ago with an eCheck payment causing a temporary downgrade back to member pending successful payment. You then signed up for a new subscription today which also had eCheck as the payment method.

Here's a timeline of events to help you understand what happened:

Feb 25th - You signed up for a new donator subscription
      Apr 25th - Subscription renews however it uses an eCheck as its payment method. Since no payment was received given eCheck payments take days to process, you were downgraded back to Member pending payment clearance.
      Apr 28th - You notice you're a member and don't have donator, so you sign up for a new subscription without cancelling your old one, however this new one also has the payment method of eCheck and thus you are not upgraded to Donator immediately.

Your first eCheck payment on April 25th has an estimated clearance date of May 5th, and your second eCheck payment made today has a clearance date of May 6th.

I have gone ahead and verified that your 2nd subscription has been cancelled, and I have cancelled your 2nd eCheck payment since you already have a subscription active with a pending payment. If Paypal has not begun processing the payment they will cancel it outright. If they have already begun processing the payment, Paypal will refund the money into your Paypal account.

You first subscription (I-E9B6CNR9TKWR) is still active and will continue to renew until cancelled. Next payment due date is June 25th.

Once your eCheck payment clears on May 5th, you will be upgraded back to Donator and your expiration date will be adjusted to 2 months after that date, so if you cancel your sub your donator will expire on July 5th.

If you don't wish to wait until May 5th for your first eCheck payment to clear I can cancel it and you can attempt to sign up again on a new subscription using an immediate payment method such as a credit card. If you want to go this route just let me know.

To avoid this in the future I advise you check what your primary source of funds is on your account and also make sure your payment method is set to something other than bank account / eCheck, as these are not instant methods of payment. Here are some links to help you with that:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=163720&m=SRE - How do I choose a payment method?
      https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=27689&m=SRE - How do I change the way I pay for a recurring payment, subscription, automatic billing, or installment plan?
      • Informative Informative x 4
      • Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Feb 25, 2014
      • Feb 25, 2014
        Anyone can tell me how far paypal is with processing, cheers waiting 4 or 5 days now
      • Jun 4, 2006
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Sep 7, 2010
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 25, 2014
            Hahaha he probably gets that question every day, just impatience because it ruins my game play not having donator :razz:
          • Jan 1, 2013
            This was by far the best support I've ever read. @Brian