Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Donating a Zombie Hunting Server

Discussion in Future Servers started by SomeoneMustGetHurt, Dec 21, 2011

1. Dec 19, 2011
    Hello Plaguefest,

I've been playing on the pF servers for a long time, and I have come up with an interesting proposition - As you all can see by the title, I wish to contribute my server to pF in hopes of expanding the community :smile:
    It will, of course, be free of charge (me and my administrators will cover all the expenses) and all donations for admin will go to pF. I'll link the paypal contributions to pF in the server accouncements and such. Furthermore, changes or additions to the server can be made if needed and we'll carry them out promptly (it's still in beta testing anyways and modifications are needed :razz:). For example, we can change the name of the servers, the zombie skins, knockback, etc though we hope you guys will take the server mostly as it is without too drastic changes :smile:

About Zombie Hunting:
    The name of the game is zombie hunting- Zombies are nerfed so that players can effectively go out and hunt for them. The gameplay is very balanced since humans have to reload and there aren't many good camping spots in ZH maps. What makes the gameplay in general different from unlimited ammo servers is that this involves more teamwork on part of both sides and does not involve nearly as much camping (all players can be mobile in either hunting zombies or infecting servers) which in turn brings a very dynamic experience. For humans, holding chokepoints and holding lines are pivotal to success while zombies will need to overwhelm them with strategy and momentum. Bad situations for one side can be reversed at some times so the outcome of each round can be unpredictable. I feel like this mode of gameplay would bring more variety to the current set of pF servers and provide an interesting alternative to zombie escape or unlimited ammo.

Before you make any conclusions about how this is going to work out, please try out Zombie Hunting and see what you think -

Two European Zombie hunting servers in case anyone is interested in Zhunting gameplay:
    Elite Hunterz - Zhunting 64 slots
    GhostDivision -Zhunting 50 slots
    Note that since they are indeed located in Europe, some of you may find them to be laggy so beware :razz:

An even better way to evaluate is by having a lot of people from the community here join my server (the one I'm going to donate). It's currently populated by bots and a couple testers since I've only started it up about 5 days ago. In my personal opinion, you can't judge the server until it's over half full since gameplay is drab and somewhat different (in a bad way) with only a few players and bots. It also needs more tweaking since I can't really test it with 10 players or less . If you guys could, please sponsor an event to join the server at once to try it out! :grin:

Our server IP:

Currently the server has the following features-
    50 slots, FastDL, ZombieReloaded, SourceMod admins, interesting zombie skins (mothercrab, bloodsucker, hellknight), Non-dissolving bodies (which we are going to remove once the server expands), over a dozen different maps, balanced guns (since all guns are affordable, why not buff the useless ones?), and more. Of course, more features can be added promptly and changes can be made to the present ones.

Contact information:
    SomeoneMustGetHurt (Owner)
    Professional Nub (co-owner)

Please give us feedback about this server donation and message me if any staff members are interested in talking more of this into detail.
    We would be gratified if you guys would consider us! Remember that all expenses for the server are paid by us and donations will go straight to pF and can also provide dedicated admins. :smile:

2. Mar 12, 2008
    Don't want to burst a bubble, but people have tried to donate servers before, and they've been turned down.

I think it has to do with available space on the box, and about the difficulty or not being able to have full control over a server in case it goes down/has other problems/etc

Would be best if you add a higher-up on steam (Being Ray, or Brian, or even Kyle) and discussed this with them first, though.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    Zombie Hunt sounds a lot like regular old ZM minus the unlimited ammo, no? We've tried reload ZM before and it just wasn't our niche.

As far as donating servers, while I don't speak for the owners, it has generally been turned down in the past.
  4. Dec 3, 2011
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Hmm cant this not being seen as spamming other server ip's??[/font]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Just asking.. i dont want to be a bad persone..[/font]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Mayby a better proposition would be that you stop your servers and buy a fresh new one for pF which they buy so they have control about everything..[/font]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Its the same as what u want to do now because u also pay for thoose...[/font]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]x[/font]
  5. Jul 28, 2011
    Are these servers like the really old zombie maps, where the cts spawn as humans and ts spawn as zombies? And are the old maps like zombies_starshiptroopers on there? That would be very nostalgic for me :razz:
  6. Feb 12, 2011
    Zombie hunt/hell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> limited ammo zm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> unlimited ammo zm.
  7. Jan 12, 2011
    Very interesting. Unlike most previous server offers, your post is actually coherent, detailed, and well-structured. Props to you on that. :thumbsup:

We'll just wait for the owners to reply.
  8. Sep 25, 2010
    Yup, this will never happen.
  9. Dec 19, 2011
    I thought so, but it's worth a try :smile:
    Now as for the technical difficulties management, I am hosting it on Gameservers.com therefore I can just give the username and password to the higher-ups to personally manage it themselves in case something happens or I'm not here. Full control right there :razz:

And yes, I was thinking of contacting them via the "Contact staff" but it kept redirecting me to the home page. Plus I wanted the community's feedback to gauge how this is gonna turn out.

10. Dec 19, 2011
    My thoughts exactly! Why not add a game mod that many people can enjoy more than just plain unlimited ammo? :smile:
    You guys may be skeptical and I'm not trying to say it's the best thing in the world... peoples' preferences are different. All I'm asking is for some serious consideration on my behalf.

11. Aug 18, 2006

I personally do appreciate the offer. However, I don't like GSP-hosted servers as I need complete control over the server and the hardware - GSP's do not offer this control (from being able to update the Linux kernel, updating packages, adding iptable rules when needed, etc). I have plans for possibly putting up a Zombie Hell server here soon. There's been quite a bit of demand for it and it's an easy server to maintain.

Again, thanks for the offer. It is appreciated!
  12. Dec 19, 2011
    Thanks, that's very flattering of you :smile:
    I just hope that it will be an asset in my proposal that'll really set me apart from the rest because judging from other's comments, this is the only asset I have left. haha

13. Dec 19, 2011
    Hello Ray,

Thanks for the reply, I understand.
    Of course, we're still available if you ever reconsider your decision!

Kindest regards,