Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Donating idea

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Meltdown™, Apr 4, 2015

1. Feb 25, 2014
    Since people do not seem to stick i tought maybe revising the donating options would be a good idea. here just a sample of somewhere I play. Also might consider adding point shop onto your servers because it works pretty well with this donating system. people have something to work for and adding extra stuff might spice things up. note this is just an idea tough. could also work for go, if you can implant it there thou

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Feb 2, 2014
      I like the donating system the way it is on Pf, also the fact that you can easily buy donor/admin for other members.
      Melt, wtf are Jihad sounds? O.O
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 25, 2014
        Sounds you can make while playing the game, like this is spart or why so serious etc, well you can still buy other people gifts etc with that system, also with the pointshop you can buy people stuff for other people, also the first 2 options are one buy only, so if you buy donator you will have it forever instead of losing it. Adding a point shop you gain so many possibilities to add interesting stuff, for example you can make an option to increase b-hop 0/3 levels (just an example) for so many points.

Btw they also got an intresting rtv system, instead of a box with map names you get a screen full of maps with there pictures, you click on the picture to vote, also they added a random map vote in it, which is normally the most used vote in that game. good idea to get back at the spamming 123 maps.
      • Feb 2, 2014
        Oh I see. Lol Drunk Cat would love "This is Sparta".
      • Apr 9, 2012
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 2, 2014
          But wait, if there are Donators and VIPs, who are the admins?
        • Feb 25, 2014
          Admin there are chosen u don't buy for it, they run pretty well so they don't need pay to be admin.

Mic battery is what is used to reload the time how often you can use a sound. Also to the range of the sound, it's not server wide I believe you can spam the sound but someone from a far distance wouldn't hear it.
        • Jan 3, 2013
          This is getting too complicated, all I like is simple.
          Btw, I like the current system in pF now.
          • Agree Agree x 3
          • Jan 14, 2012
            - Always win

On topic: the whole structure of the admin/donating system is not the root of the empty server problem. The IP change combined with the fact that big servers are hard to populate on the other hand, is. Luckily, it's not impossible to get it going again, just be there and play.
          • Dec 27, 2012
            For now, I think simplicity is key. This all seems a little too complicated as it stands now. Perhaps in the future if pF regains its popularity.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Mar 10, 2014
              its an interesting idea, but i feel what we have is sufficient, like Vic said its simple and its easy. im not opposed to changing what the Donors get
            • Oct 13, 2011

Your RTV counts 4 votes for $20 wow. Store system is pure bullshit. I don't even know why people like colored names WTF? Colored text is ok imo, and donors can use it already.

Shop / market / point center or whatever the fuck you want to call that shit have been suggested countless times for pf servers and management did not wanted to go with it. It might be a popular thing in other servers, but pf were populated without it remember ? ? ? ? ? ?

This is not what PF needs. Management needs to host events for ze mg or zm whatever. Send steam group notifications you got like 3k people in there. Give away free donors or maybe admin too.

I'm sorry, I don't want to sound rude but i've had enough with people suggesting stuff that had been suggested before again and again.

Anyways, pure bs.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Mar 26, 2012
                @Cat, your post is a bit aggressive. It is okay to bring up ideas and suggestions that have been brought up before. What worked in the past may not be working now. What we turned down before might be accepted this time. Doesn't hurt to bring it up and discuss it again.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Nov 29, 2010

Anyways, this is neat idea. However I don't know what PF"s stance on player skins since the last time this matter was discussed, but player skins are generally avoided if they are too big and/or don't fit the zombie infestation theme this is for two reasons:

1) Keep downloads small and let players onto the server faster,
                  2) To not make the servers look ridiculous with superman fighting zombies.

A point purchase system only works if there are lots of custom skins to buy and whatnot, and that involves more importing of custom player models. See above on why there may be some hesitation to implement this.

He's free to voice suggestions all he wants, don't be a dick.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                    Clam Chowder, Apr 4, 2015 Last edited by Clam Chowder, Apr 4, 2015
                  • Dec 17, 2007
                    so basically you're saying that with this new system i don't have to pay for admin?!?!?!?....

This has been discussed before, what the donators get already it's pretty sufficient...there was a suggestion awhile ago about giving donators the ability to toggle beacons...well yea that idea got shot down real quick lol
                  • Feb 8, 2013
                    Post Merged, Apr 4, 2015
                    You're not aggressive, don't worry. Some people needs to be spoken to this way.
                  • Jan 5, 2014
                    Sidenote: true, just make sure you (not "you Orange" but "people in general") aren't using this as a way to rationalize being an asshole
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Mar 10, 2014
                      makes sense, seems like it could be chaotic
                    • May 31, 2012
                      Very thoughtful and it looks like a lot of time was put into to it. It looks complicated though, which is why I think it might look unappealing; for that reason, I'm not sure how I feel about it or if I could make a qualified contribution to the idea.
                    • Feb 25, 2014
                      It's mere an idea, the options are plenty but there must be willingness to do this, I'm sure of it that it will improve the game play allot. But then again people here tend to stick to the past and that is ok but you constantly need to change and move forward to keep a server interesting.
                      • Agree Agree x 1