Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Donating?

Discussion in Help Desk started by P@P@_ROASTER, Jul 21, 2012

1. Jul 16, 2012
    When I first donated I ran into some issues with linking my steam account, but by some act of God it randomly started to work and I was able to donate.

I'm trying to donate for admin now but it's telling me my account doesn't have a steam ID attached to it.

Any help? D:
    ^-P.S. this is P@P@_ROASTER
  2. May 14, 2011
    Random guess; Try to login and log out of your account, then try.
  3. Jul 16, 2012
    Detonator suggested that as well, no luck though.
  4. May 14, 2011
    Well maybe you made 2 accounts; both registered to the same steam name?

I dont know if its possible but maybe a root can confirm?

His ID:

STEAM_0:1:44203146
  5. Jul 16, 2012
    Clicked account upgrades on my menu (top right) instead of "Donate for Admin" and it worked! /brofist
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    instead of "donate for admin"? where is this?
  7. May 14, 2011
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    His story still didn't make sense to me, but looking at this I can sort of see what happened:

• He was either a) currently a donator, or b) he downgraded from donator, and was member, then set out to get admin.
    • If he had gone to the account upgrades page (in his menu on the top right), it would have either listed a) his donator info because he was a donator, or b) the available account upgrades such as server admin because he was a member
    • Because he had already had donator on the same account, his steam was already linked to his account, therefore the site would NOT tell him he had to link his account. I'm 99.9% sure that he went to "Get admin or donator" which is a static informational page that states in order to get it you must have a steam Id attached and that if he already does, to continue below, but he didn't bother hitting the big "GET STARTED" button below which would have taken him to the same location as "account upgrades on my menu (top right) instead of "Donate for Admin"" and thus shown him the available admin plans.
    MYSTERY SOLVED. I had to solve it to ensure the site wasn't being stupid somewhere. :sweat:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 14, 2011
    • Jun 4, 2006
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jul 16, 2012
        Sorry, I did mean Get Admin. And yes... I didn't see the Get Started button... My bad D:
      • Jun 4, 2006
        I tried to make it a little bit more clear so others hopefully won't get confused like you did:

No account + No Steam
        [IMG]

Account + No Steam
        [IMG]

Account + Steam
        [IMG]

Just did this real quick to add some ease to the process as I have to leave in 5 mins. I still want to improve the entire setup/checkout process but that will take some time and is something for the future after more important tasks are done. For now this should work help/work fine.
        • Like Like x 2
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
          Brian, Jul 21, 2012 Last edited by Brian, Jul 21, 2012
        • Jul 18, 2012
          • Agree Agree x 1