Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Donation and Admin Prices

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Jenna the Gamer, Nov 23, 2013

1. Mar 26, 2011
    Due to injuries I can't type to well, so I want to make this short and sweet, I was in a conversation when the pricing of the admin and donation came up, the server runs on it I understand but lower prices, more demand right? More money being generated right? I know I am not that well known but if I am missing something please fill me in. Donations is for 2 months so the price is understandable, admin however, "The buyers" do pay a lot to do the servers job. If anything prices of being a admin could go down, lowing the amount of trouble in the server, and you would still be reeling in more people with a more friendly community server with no rule breakers and no assholes. I do not really think me telling the price that it should be lowered to is appropriate but I think adding a one month donation slot for $5 and special on the two month slot as $9, but lowering the price for admin, IN MY OPINION should be a go, because we are watching the server and trying to make it a better place.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I don't really consider being an admin as a job. It's something i and many others love to do. I don't find it a chore at all.

Although, to expand off of your idea, maybe just have a "Sale" with special prices near Christmas or something.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        I just think that it's kind of a far gap between donator and admin. $15 a month vs $10 for two months. Pretty big gap. Also, it kind of is a job no matter if you do it for fun or enjoy doing it. The role of an admin is to keep the servers in line.
      • Mar 26, 2011
        I can understand where you are coming from that but then again like it or not you are helping out the server twice as much as a donor, and as @Orange said its a big price jump.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        [IMG]
        ?

To OP. Takes a lot of moolah to run pF as a whole. DDoS prevention, redundancy checks, data thingamaginger, bandwidth utilization whatchamacallit, customer support whodunit. But, not my call.

[IMG]
        • Like Like x 2
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Mar 26, 2011
          Again that is all understandable, but you have to think about, lowered prices = more purchases = funner community = more people = more purchases, then repeat.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          That is in theory though. I do like the base of your idea, though.
        • Jun 11, 2012
          You are threading in very hot water with this theory. While the return are great, you are exposing yourself to a door of the vastest trolls the earth has ever faced. This is one of the reason that the SomethingAwfull forums does it well (Pay for donations and access, you troll/illegal actions/disrespect/... get banned and lose money). So yes it seems nice, but it can quickly get abused in both terms of admin and donators.

And it's CSS, welcome to troll town. Populations: Trolls!
          • Agree Agree x 3
          • Mar 26, 2011
            That would be saying PF doesn't know how to deal with this shit and I know for sure from past and current encounters the staff of PlagueFest can deal with it, If a troll buys the shit to troll, they get banned or whatever the staff does they are the ones losing their money and I mean just create more levels of admins, put the respectable ones and known people on a higher level and the unknown on a lower if that. I know some people could see it as a risk but I mean I would for sure do it and kit it. I am would be saving a lot more and I could pay for it another month for the price of two months. If it didn't work out in PF's favor they could put their old system back into place just like that.
            Post Merged, Nov 23, 2013
            Yes it's all in opinion and theory but I mean I can see this working out in the communities favor and even if it didn't work out as planned they could put the old system back in to place like that, but I mean pricing is something we all have to play around with, as a kid, selling a cup of lemonade for $1, people walk by not buying your product, someone walks by with a little more money to spend than others by a cup for a dollar. You lower your prices to 50 cents a cup, your still making a profit because more people came and bought some with satisfaction, they tell their family and soon comes a lot more business.
          • May 15, 2011
            The current prices have been working fine for years. No point in changing what's not broken. We understand your view but it just wont happen, at least not at this point in time. We thank you for your suggestion though, as it never hurt to ask. :D
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Jul 14, 2010
              Paypal charges fees to pF for their service. 5 dollars results in a lot of loss money for pF I believe which is why the price is 10. I know this is the same in many other games that use paypal. Other than that I did not look much into the thread. Imo the prices are fine and you get what you pay for. I remember how happy I was paying 15 dollars and getting admin for the first time ;p
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Mar 26, 2011
                Understood, as it is it was just a suggestion, thank you for looking at it though.
                • Friendly Friendly x 3
                • May 31, 2012
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Mar 12, 2008
                    Not to mention all the average joes that think $15 or so buys them complete and absolute power.

Oh how many have come and gone by not reading the rules or actually listening during training.

I like to think the price point also filters out most of the rabble that would otherwise attempt to abuse their given power. Can't say the same for donors, but they do get good benefits for 2 months on $10 alone, so it evens out to $5 per month, which is pretty neat.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • May 27, 2008
                      The price may seem steep, but it's a progressive purchase.

What I mean to say is you don't pay up $15/mo and that's it. The LSA here do a fine job of training and giving you the sense of security you may need to take care of a task. They offer you the chance to go into a server with a password and allow you to test everything out to give you a full understanding of everything. The progressive aspect comes in when you start showing improvement. You build a reputation here with your fellow peers and users in the server alike. Not just that, you have the chance every month or so afterwards to get promoted. Plague Fest values your contribution and time and LSA+ get together to evaluate you, which for you means they bump your level up and give you more commands, and a few skins here and there. [I don't know if this is still a thing.]

Take it from someone who has been here since 2007, and stopped my admin duties just last month, the price is fine and it's completely understandable that some may not be able to commit to the price for very long, but I believe it was well worth every second of it.
                      • Like Like x 6
                      • Jul 8, 2012
                      • May 31, 2012
                      • Feb 8, 2013
                        Since you gave a nice, reasonable, and valid argument, I am quite persuaded and respect that.
                        • Friendly Friendly x 1
                        • Feb 19, 2011
                          Just my opinion. PF wants people who are willing to be admin and are willing to take on the duty of being admin on the servers. Meaning if a player is willing to to be admin, they are willing to pay. Someone sane won't spend that money to just screw up and if prices lowered, just "anyone" could be admin.
                        • Jun 23, 2010
                          Have you guys consider Amazon payments? Their fees are really low, and I would prefer that then shitty Paypal.

https://payments.amazon.com/help/Ch...ng-Managing-Your-Account/Amazon-Payments-Fees

Business account info: https://payments.amazon.com/business