Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Donator / Admin Broken?

Discussion in News started by Brian, Jan 13, 2013

1. Jun 4, 2006
    Keeping a long story short, I changed the site's Steam integration which was supposed to be a flawless move, but during this process some of the data was lost. :shame:

So, if you found your donator or admin wasn't working, then you need to integrate your Steam account to your forum account again.

Doing so is easy, just go to http://plaguefest.com/account/steam and choose 'associate with steam' - complete the steps afterward and you're good to go. Your admin/donator perks will activate by the next map change.

Note: If your PlagueFest.com account was originally created when you Signed in through Steam, then you will need to have a password generated for your account so you can associate Steam with it again. Go to http://plaguefest.com/account/security to have a password e-mailed to you. Afterward, go to http://plaguefest.com/account/steam and associate steam with your account using the password that you obtained.

If you're currently logged out and can't login because you do not have a password or steam account associated with your account, go to http://plaguefest.com/lost-password/ and have a password sent to you.

Do not create a new account!

Terribly sorry for this inconvenience!

Good news is we're on a much better back-end now, which utilizes Steam's API. It should be faster, more reliable, and eliminate issues such as users being unable to register / associate.

Other site changes I might as well mention while I'm at it:
    • The popup overlays on the editor have been redone. Now when you go to insert a link, image, code, or media you should notice the popup appears much faster now than it did previously.
    • The 'white page' will no longer plague us when I'm performing maintenance. Reason behind this was when the site rebuilt its template cache, those templates were not available. Now the site copies these templates before rebuilding the cache and serves those copies until the rebuild is complete. Afterward it will serve the newly built templates.
    • Quote Selection was updated - cleaner js code and various minor fixes.
    • Minor changes to chat - messages wrap better, improved scrolling to bottom on mobile browsers, various fixes.
    • Like x 7
    • Informative x 4
    • Winner x 1
    • Wizard! x 1
    • Useful x 1
      Brian, Jan 13, 2013 Last edited by Brian, Jan 13, 2013
    • Dec 6, 2011
    • Nov 11, 2011
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • May 14, 2011
        • May 27, 2008
          I'm guessing a lot of people [including myself] have the forums in their bookmarks, not the front page, and therefore don't check it as often as it's updated.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • May 14, 2011

I have the portal bookmarked. From there I can chat, see recent threads and check statuses all at the same time.

But to each is his own.
          • Dec 6, 2011
            What Peter said. It's the main reason why I bumped it, in fact, when somebody mentioned it in chat, it was the first time I saw it.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Jun 4, 2006
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • May 17, 2011
                • Like Like x 1
                • Jun 4, 2006
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Funny Funny x 1