Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Donator beacon

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Peter凸(¬‿¬)凸, Feb 4, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 30, 2013
    I think it would be pretty nice if donators could beacon (only themselvs) cause like right now i would love a beacon but no admins on :frown:.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Mar 12, 2008
      • Agree Agree x 5
      • Oct 13, 2011
        Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep. It's already annoying enough when there are more than 3-4 beacons on.

[IMG]
      • Jan 3, 2013
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Apr 1, 2012
          Clusterfuck. Donors are easy to get and cheap (5 bucks per month) + events prizes + gifts+ mapper privileges
          While admins require a more significant investment (triple the price tag)

But idk much about zm. Ze is pretty much like 20++ donors with only 3-4 admins most of the time
        • Dec 11, 2013
          nice suggestion peter, beacon for donator is good, can easy down admin jobs~
          BUT donator get beacon it will make the server annoying because there're too much donator!!
        • Dec 17, 2007
          i agree…active commands such as those…better left to admins…bc with that many donators they're going to forget to turn them off when they get turned…and it'll be one big mess
        • Mar 20, 2012
          The most times when people bet baconed on zm its when they are in the easiest defendable spots of the whole map and they just want some points while sitting in their rapecastle.
          The other time when people like a beacon is when they are hidden in some kind of secret, preferable a 100digit code with many traps and supersecrets behind, impossible to reach for the normal zm player

I only beacon players(when they want it) where I see a line of sight between zombies and humans...

Donators are many, clusterfuck much, annoying because you cant turn the beepbeep off and if all cts are at 1 position you dont need more than 1 beacon anyway. And imagine zombies being beaconed...

There is so much "No" when you think about it seriously, I only imagine some kind of plugin like on some mg servers back in the days...playing hide and seek maps. You could write !whistle more or less every 20seconds and you would play a sound so the "searcher" has a better chance to find them. Lets do hide and seek mg event, it was really funny with full server.
        • Oct 30, 2013
          if you dont like the noise turn down yer sound and just because you lack the knowledge of secrets dosent mean there bad. Also not every donator would chose to beacon themselves im sure the same rules that admins have to follow with beacons could easily be applied to this.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 20, 2012
            But why would I have to turn down my full gamesound only because some donators want to beacon themselves every round? I didn't say secrets are bad, I just say beaconing cts in secrets its kinda meeeh just for the trolls

Yea imba Donator Abuse section incoming
          • Jul 20, 2010
            It's a horrible idea, because you'd have almost every single donor doing it. Also you sound like an entitled douche when you tell people to turn their sound down if they don't want to hear the cluster fuck of 10+ beacons going off at once. Not to mention when their zombies they'll turn it on or not turn it off. Then the admins have to tell them to turn it off or manually turn it off and some donors might get mad. Giving donors the ability to beacon themselves is a clusterfuck waiting to happen.

Oh woe is you that you can't have a beacon for the few times there isn't an admin on zm and you can't farm kills to rank whore even more.(Don't know what's worse rank whores on pF or DMR fags on BF4 :struggle: )
            • Winner Winner x 6
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Aug 12, 2012
              yep people are going to abuse this and turn on their beacon everytime for attention
            • Oct 29, 2010

Also, donors in zms toggling beacon at will? NOPE.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Dec 11, 2013
                agree with it, many donator might lazy to turn it off, it will make the server annoying and admin job will be more harder:arrogant::worship:
              • Apr 24, 2012
                Peter, If you want administrative authority "power".... just buy admin.
                • Zing! Zing! x 1
                • Jun 11, 2012
                  I thought there was a limit of how many people can get beacon in respect to server not crashing.
                • Apr 24, 2012
                  I have personally seen lsa+ beacon the entire ct team. Obviously no limit.
                • Jan 21, 2011

The DMR was the only good thing about that game.
                • Aug 2, 2010
                  Give donators the ability to toggle something that should only be used as a CT? Not happening.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    DMR is such a bitch weapon to use right now in BF4 people just shotgun it since its a two shot kill. A typical match is you hearing pssh pssh pssh pssh pssh pssh pssh pssh pssh pssh pssh pssh, every god damn second of the map.
                  Thread Status:
                  Not open for further replies.