Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dont fall for scams

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by ck27, Nov 19, 2007

1. Dec 30, 2006
    Admins be on alert for scams to get passwords.. There are a few players trying to get a admin password and username to cause havoc on the plaguefest server im assuming: Here is the conversation

Never tell your password to anyone.
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: Hello, I have been hired to help you so your account is not stolen we invented a new mod that prevents your account from being stolen, so when you log in now it will ask you for your secret answer. We call it the, ANTI|ACC|STEALER please do not think I am a account hacker cause I am not I am here to help you. So please leave me your username and password I will download this mod into your account so you don’t ruin it.
    ck27: thats funnny
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: Hello, I have been hired to help you so your account is not stolen we invented a new mod that prevents your account from being stolen, so when you log in now it will ask you for your secret answer. We call it the, ANTI|ACC|STEALER please do not think I am a account hacker cause I am not I am here to help you. So please leave me your username and password I will download this mod into your account so you don’t ruin it.
    ck27: now im really laughing
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: dont worry ill get u
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: bitch
    ck27: lol
    ck27: youll never get me
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: come on
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: i wanna play tf2 so bad
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: i dont steal
    ck27: lol your such a liar
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: i swear on my moms life
    ck27: You want admin into the plaguefest server and you know i have it
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: swear to god
    ck27: i dont believe in god so swearing tot hat isn't going to do any good
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: mmm
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: u gonna gimme admin
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: yeh
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: right
    ck27: your never going to get admin
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: you know i do work for steam
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: and that is true
    ck27: your funny
    ck27: try again in a few weeks
    ck27: good luck
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: ok
    ck27: now quit bugging me
    |Vac.|Acc.|Helper|: u will get pwned
    --------------------------------------------

He has been trying different forms of this for the last 3 months.
  2. Feb 3, 2007
    VAC Administrators never ask for username and password to begin with... Specially over the game on a random ass pop up steam message... Never trust anything like this (random pop up messages on Steam or anything requiring your username or password) if you didnt know that by now you should.. Please or i will call you a freaking noob for the rest of humanity's days ^^

p.s: I know you know better than that ck27.. The noob part goes to the people that might believe on this in any point :smile:
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    that was a sad attempt. though i probably wouldn't have responded.

though you could give him the info

user name: F*ckyou
    password: Ihateidiotslikeyou
  5. Oct 22, 2007
    priceless, besides that no one ever gets messages unless someone sends them something. so there would be no point in ever giving out your info. Hell every place you go to is like that, what a dumb kid. Pisses me off to see that he is even trying to pull off a old scam like this.
  6. Jan 11, 2007
    Indeed he does... :smile:
  8. May 27, 2007

holy shit ck! that is funny! i got one of these guys for a couple weeks. when i told him steam wont ask for password or username over friends, he finally quit...
  9. Jun 29, 2007

that guy needs BANZORD from steam
  10. Nov 26, 2007