Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Door hugging = griefing?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by :::, Dec 11, 2013

Could door hugging under certain circumstances/severity be considered griefing?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2013.
Yes 5 vote(s) 9.4%
No 32 vote(s) 60.4%
I like turtles 16 vote(s) 30.2%
  1. Dec 8, 2013
    We all know those people. Those that run to the door and look straight at it hoping to get to the other side a ms quicker than everyone else, even at the point of often making your team lose because you aren't adding to the defense of an objective. While I'd disagree that we haven't all been guilty of it, I would say that chronic and repetitive door hugging should be a form of griefing. We who play these games bitch about bhoppers as much as door huggers, so why isn't chronic door hugging considered griefing?
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Simply put, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 30, 2012
        Go home, you're drunk.

Plz.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Feb 3, 2012
          Most door huggers usually go for triggering doors or getting items while other humans defend. A bit annoying, sure, but not necessarily griefing.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 3, 2013
            If the doorhuggers can press the buttons, then it's ok for me. But doorhugging isn't really griefing.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Jul 20, 2012
              Some don't like the violence, like children, and turn their heads away.
              • Like Like x 2
              • Aug 1, 2011
                You're basically asking to regulate what people do to a really silly extent. I don't think admins want that big of a headache.
                If people wanna door hug, let them.
                And unlike b-hopping, door hugging doesn't generate an advantage or ruin the round for the entire team.
              • Mar 20, 2012
                Some people often dont know what to do. They dont all doorhug on purpose. I would try !beacon more often if it really fails a lot and people asking for advices.

doorhug can have many reasons and what the others said
                • Like Like x 1
                • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                • Mar 4, 2012
                  I door hug from time to time when I need to send a message on steam or tab out. It' more useful for the team for me to be alive at the next hold point than playing as a zombie. I would hardly call that griefing. Plus when I was a newb I door hugged every map until I actually knew what to do. Once again I'd rather have the people that don't know the map at least alive to throw nades/shoot at the longer hold points.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Mar 20, 2012
                    If everyone defends then no one will be at the door grabbing triggers and such. It's best to have a few people door hugging so they can trigger things for us while the rest of us defend against zombies. If you're bad at defending and you always get tagged or get tagged often, I honestly think you should be door hugging rather than adding more zombies to the other team. That being said, there have been times where I have seen people door hugging on purpose to kill people *cough* Skyrim *cough* but usually it's just people who either A) don't know what to do, or B) want to grab items like I said above. The problem with Bhopping vs. Door Hugging is that you can still win a match with a portion of your team door hugging or not helping your team defend, however it is pretty hard to win against people who grief your team by bhopping ahead grabbing teleport triggers early or bhopping zombies flying through defense points and demolishing a team. With all that said, I guess door hugging could be considered griefing if people are doing it on purpose to kill teammates but usually it's as I said above.
                    • Like Like x 2
                    • Feb 11, 2012
                      Nah this shouldn't be griefing at all imo.

It's easy enough to yell at people in the mic to defend. Not everyone will listen of course but it gets their attention rather than kicking someone for it and later banning them potentially. Plus it adds to the work Admins already have to do, especially on the ZE server because of all the autistic incompetent people there are.

95% of the time there will always be doorhuggers, but it's not like 50% of the team is looking at the door and causing the team to fail. Then you get that 5% in those rare circumstances where everyone actually listens and runs back to help defend.

Sometimes in my mind I even thank people who doorhug on certain maps (usually the harder maps) because the more people alive later in the round the easier it is for us to survive. Although defending for me does get a little tricky at times, I just try to pick it up a notch somehow.

To add on with That Guy was saying about bhop. It doesn't really add any sort of advantage to the zombies nor the CTs for that matter. The only advantage I see is there are less CTs for the zombies to worry about and even then you have at least 10 guns shooting at the zombies, enough to keep them back (that's if were talking about the start of the round), but any other time in the round ehhhhhhhhh would probably be around the time I would start yelling at people to "Get back here and defend!"

At then end of the day it's not even much of an advantage at all and just because everyone complains about something a lot, doesn't mean it should be made into a rule..
                      If everyone complained all the time about people not buying P90s only. Should buying P90s only be made into a rule? No. Would probably never happen.
                      If somehow for a month straight people complained about why PlagueFest doesn't have more skins to choose from. Do you think they would add more skins? Probably not. Why? It's suppose to be a FastDL Server not a take 30minSlowAsHell Server.
                      • Informative Informative x 1
                      • Feb 5, 2013
                        I suggest a plugin that instantly permbans anybody that gets in a 10 yard range of the door (bonus point if it also bans when the door is just decoration/textures)

No micro managing needed, and it'll repopulate GFL, win-win \o/!
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Funny Funny x 1
                        • Zing! Zing! x 1
                        • Dec 27, 2012
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • Apr 9, 2012
                            Then staring at a wall/floor/prop/object while other people shoot the zombies would also be griefing.

Nope, it's not. We should allow people to do anything they want unless it's either against the rules or obviously unfair to the gameplay. I'd rather have 62 players doorhugging than 1 player bhopping or hacking.
                            • Useful Useful x 1
                            • Apr 28, 2013
                              Listen, we both want to repopulate GFL and we both are admins but I think that is a funny joke. We can't really discuss repopulating GFL here because I almost consider it advertising.
                              Nice joke there Juky :smile:.
                              • Like Like x 1
                              • Oct 18, 2012
                                • Zing! Zing! x 2
                                • Like Like x 1
                                • Apr 1, 2012
                                  if doorhugging is griefing = pF would be empty and SB is going to be overcrowded
                                  • Agree Agree x 1
                                  • Informative Informative x 1
                                  • Apr 28, 2013
                                    • Like Like x 1
                                    • Agree Agree x 1
                                    • Dec 8, 2013
                                      wow.. okay. this thread dingerated well far below what i meant it to be. I said under certain circumstances, like those who do it wilfully and purposefully, would it be considered griefing...this thread went way beyond the parameters of what i meant in my OP and went into apologetics and conjecture, rather than sticking with the original intent of the post: e.g., with warnings and guidance of what to do.
                                      Post Merged, Dec 11, 2013

lock and close, por favor. sorry i brought it up! :thumbsdown:
                                      • Agree Agree x 1