Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dr. Dre Beats Headphones = Scam

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by s3th, Apr 10, 2012

1. Jan 8, 2012
    I'm sorry but 500$ for the most expensive type, is just a little too much. They are extremely uncomfortable, overpriced, and the sound is atrocious. People only buy these because they want to look "cool" around their friends who also sport these pathetic excuses for headphones. These only help to line the already unfairly-lined pockets of Rap/Hip-Hop "stars".

(Reminds of iPhones)

Do yourself a favor: do your homework before you buy headphones. Don't jump on the Dre Beats bandwagon without first considering, other, better headphones, such as Sony, Sennheiser, or any other brand that's actually worth buying. They'll be cheaper, and sound better while they're at it.

If I see you wearing these around your neck in some store be prepared to get falcon punched in the throat.
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    where's the no shit rating when you need it
    • Zing! Zing! x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Apr 4, 2012
    • Aug 1, 2011
      I don't think you can compare shitty headphones to top of the line cell phones...
      (@ iPhone comment)
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 8, 2012
        • Zing! Zing! x 4
        • Jun 4, 2006
          He's not comparing nor contrasting them as individual products, he's saying people hopped on the dre bandwagon just as they did the iPhone one, when really iPhone is provably a piece of shit as are the earphones that come with 'em and same goes for dre headphones - they're inaccurate and overpriced, yet due to, presumably marketing and the bandwagon fallacy itself (appeal to popularity for one), people buy it.
          • Winner Winner x 3
          • Aug 1, 2011
            I want to disagree with you while heartily, as I love my iPhone 4S and I've had various iPods and an iPhone before. I believe they have the same issue with every other phone, all phones have issues. The iPhone is a quality product like everything else, and it's a big innovator. So I see nothing wrong with it. Everything has issues, Apple just does it right.
          • Jun 4, 2006
            Your post was all good until that last statement. That I can't agree with at all.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Jan 8, 2012

In other news hes right good intent but the last post made me rage.
            • Apr 2, 2011
              As to the regard of Dr.Dre. headphones... piss poor I have noticed... I compared my friends to my old Bose headphones... before the noise cancelling ones... and the Bose is much better on all accounts.
              I had these Pure headphones from when I left Atlanta Airport (on the way home from the Army... a guy let me use them... he got up and left... didn't see him for the 7 remaining hours or so I had to wait before the flight left). Best Damn earphones I have ever had. Best quality ever. Unfortunately... they got washed and the treble wasn't there no mores... turns out after a search for the ones I had... they were like 100 bucks... makes me feel sad now :frown:

As for Apple, and the Iphone/Ipod. I am leaving it as soon as I can... Apple has pissed me off to the point of me wanting to carpet bomb all of their stores... Fuck them.
            • Aug 1, 2011
              I guess I could word my last statement differently. Steve Jobs did things right. Apple just half ass followed him.
            • Jul 19, 2011
              THEN Tell ME WHAT PHONE I SHOULD BUY IF NOT IPHONE
            • Jun 4, 2006

Generally speaking, anything monster branded is overpriced shit.
            • Jun 4, 2006
              Lol what... that doesn't change the fact that I still disagree with everything you've just said immensely. Apple, Steve Jobs, Steve Jobs, Apple... one in the same when it comes to an iPhone... in fact I'd probably be more biased toward just Steve Jobs and not Apple the company.
            • Aug 1, 2011
              I mean, everyone has their opinion. I won't condone you for disagreeing with me as I hope you won't with me. I like the company, never have I had a problem with an Apple product, and neither has any of my family members. I'll stick with Apple until they prove me wrong. I don't disagree with you about Apple as a company, but I don't agree either. And same with Jobs.
            • Mar 20, 2011
              All i can say is Android with PowerAmp = Win
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Mar 19, 2012

So the headphones are overpriced BUT have you seen the hdmi cables from monster? Damn what awesome cables. Gold plated to make your HDTV viewing even more HD. They are only like 149.99 for 6' too! What a Steal! EDIT: /s

Side Note: Bose are just as overpriced as Beats By Dre. Both Beats and Bose have outstanding sound quality (beats bass boost is rediculous), both are fairly confortable. If you say they sound atrocious, then you haven't heard them. HOWEVER sennhieser and sony or other good brands will get you the same quality sound for a fraction of the price. I'd go with sennhieser for anyone looking to buy because you really cant go wrong.
                • Zing! Zing! x 1
                • Feb 14, 2012
                  Why does every tech conversation on the net in some way turn into an Apple hatred circle jerk?
                • Mar 20, 2011
                  Because Apple hardware is overpriced, it is not magical, and can also get viruses.

End of story
                  • Agree Agree x 3