Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dr. Frankencube's Laboratory

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by CastleX, May 10, 2012

1. Jan 28, 2012
    I've began making a portal 2 map. It's called Dr. Frankencube's laboratory. Basically your objective is to create Frankencube's monster (the only cube that you can complete the test chamber with) from 6 other cubes (each obtained from 6 different test chambers) and your beloved weighted companion cube (which is unlocked by obtaining all six cubes. At the moment I've only made the unlocking mechanisms for the companion cube, and the franken cube generator. If you want to check it out here's the link.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68998662

• Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      CastleX, May 10, 2012 Last edited by CastleX, May 10, 2012
    • Jan 28, 2012
    • Jan 28, 2012
      Update: I've already made the first chamber. Unfortunately, the lighting doesn't work at all in the chamber room. I'll work on the other 5 chambers but the portal-able surfaces will show up completely black until they fix the lighting.
    • Jun 10, 2011
      Sounds like an interesting concept :grin:
    • Jan 11, 2012
      This looks really nice, can't wait to play it :grin: But srsly, wtf is up with that turret cube o.o
    • Nov 29, 2010
    • Jan 11, 2012
      Not yet, before my Drive crashed, I had the "special" version of P2 and was about the half. Yesterday I pushased it and starded it again today
    • May 14, 2011
      Nice, this map is rather long, with no save points >.< . I don't know if I would have the patience to repeat the map every time I failed and redo the cubes I already know how to do. But if you get around that snag then well done. Also you make want to reduce the room size. It cause glitches and stuff. Maps were never ment to be so big. Also that labyrinth of connections.... It doesn't help me work out what does what lol.

Besides those things its a great idea for a map.
    • May 5, 2011
      Nice map but kinda looks simple and too big :/ make it look more...sharper and a little more lighting. :grin: but other then that nice map
    • Jan 28, 2012
      The lighting is the problem. It doesn't work. :frown:
    • May 15, 2011
      Lighting works fine for me herp. Try adding more lights. You have a giant room. More lights or a smaller sized room will mean better lighting. I didn't quite get what that was all about from the video, but it was interesting how you did that thing with Cave Johnson.

Edit: Did you do this with Hammer or In game editor?
    • Nov 29, 2010
      I have to agree with Yahoo here, the map is too simple. It's brain-dead put the cubes on the button, repeat 5x and then grab the turret cube. There really isn't much portal usage there
    • May 14, 2011
      lol thats not the whole map lolol. the objective is to do challenges to find the 5 cubes lol. Hence the Alpha on the map :razz:.
    • Aug 1, 2011
    • Jan 28, 2012
      Dude I han an insane amt of lights but nothing was coming from them. They finally fixed it though and it looks great. The cave johson thing is auto, but if u open up in hammer im sure you could change it. -Edit: was typing w/ one hand. :neutral:
      CastleX, May 10, 2012 Last edited by CastleX, May 10, 2012